Kanyou's War - Metamorphosis

I, and Wattpad, do not endorse self harm.

-Impa-

Impa did not know how long she sat by the bath. The water had long since cooled and Impa finally had to drag Zelda out of it to be dried when her teeth started chattering. The chancellor ignored how her own clothes were soaking wet and instead made sure the suddenly-docile Zelda was not going to hurt herself. Impa threw the bloody blankets and comforters and clothes in the fireplace, no matter how crammed it was. Servants came and made the bed anew, and when Impa was sure that Zelda was clothed and dry, laid her down to rest.

"Soon as the doctor is back, he needs to tend to you," Impa gulped. "If you will accept it." With what had happened, there was no telling. Zelda likely would not want a man to inspect her.

Zelda remained silent.

Impa sighed. She took place in a chair and set herself to be there for the rest of the night. Impa wanted to stay for many reasons. She wanted to be there for the girl on a personal level, she wanted to stay as a chancellor to ensure her princess was well, but most of all she was terrified. She had no way of knowing what Zelda was thinking or feeling in her near-comatose state beyond the reactions and looks that showed a human broken down to her most primal state; if Zelda was thinking or feeling anything at all. It wasn't uncommon for even the strongest of veterans of war to break down in shock one way or another and never leave it. Zelda was, one way or another, trapped inside herself. All Impa could do was sit and wait and watch to see what side of Zelda would come out.

"Please..." Impa found herself whispering. "Farore, I know you did not guide my feet to her without purpose. Din, you did not set a fire in her heart and obstacles in her path without a reason. Naryu, you did not warn her in dreams nor guide her unless to prepare her for what is to come. Yet now my lord, your champion ordained to Naryu, is at the point of breaking from the cruelty of this world." Impa breathed out shakily. Tears fell from her eyes. "Please! She is my hope. I cannot fathom a world without her. I have seen so much death and now I begin to see the shades of it on her. Please, I-"

Her prayers were interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Impa cursed to herself, jumped up, and with a quick glance at Zelda -who remained motionless and staring at the ceiling-, she opened the door. A servant stood on the other side and bowed herself to the floor immediately.

"What is it?" Impa whispered.

"My Lady Chancellor, I did not think you would be here! I bring word for the heir apparent!"

"Now is perhaps the worst time for anything you would ever have to say!" Impa hissed. "So get it out quickly and be gone!"

"I bring word for her from Shi Ketsu and the doctor-"

Impa interrupted, "What does this have to do with the princess?"

"The girl, Sarah, is better for the moment, but refuses to fall asleep and rest. She insists she has something to tell the heir and will not let herself heal properly without revealing it. Those with her sent me saying if the girl is not allowed to say her piece, she will die when her body fails her."

"Sarah? What is-" Impa's words were interrupted by a clattering behind her. She turned to see Zelda sitting up straight, rigid, and disheveled, eyes wide and staring ferally at them and through them.

Impa opened her mouth to gently tell Zelda to lay back down, but Zelda was already rolling off the bed and running out the door without so much as an 'excuse me', knocking Impa to the side in her haste and rushing down the hall.

"Zelda!" Impa called. She ran after the girl, but despite her words and reach, Zelda would not be deterred. The servant and guards followed after them. Impa sighed and looked to the servant, "This girl is at Shi Ketsu's place, yes?" The servant nodded. "Alright..."