0.5

0.5 - the book.

•

It was the day after the rave incident. Thankfully, the pack was all alive, though the Argent wife almost succeeded at killing Scott, hadn't Derek been there to rescue him.

They were, now, standing in Derek's train. Boyd had already told Derek about the old book he found in the suspicious girl's mansion.

Derek was the one flipping through its pages as his three betas and Scott stood surrounding him, trying to figure out who this witch was.

"I can't believe there are witches as well," Scott said, surprised by the amount of super naturals he was constantly discovering.

"Yeah, well if there is a lethal lizard walking around, there had to be witches," Erica commented.

"What does the book say?" Isaac asked, eyeing it's old pages.

Derek observed the fading words written in cursive, struggling to understand most of it.

"Witches are said to be the protectors of the Earth, they rid it from any potential evil, especially caused by supernaturals or balance-altering creatures. Each witch is to gain their power from a certain element or a concept of nature, in general, unaltered by living beings," Derek read the paragraph to the werewolves in the room.

"So, she's here to kill us?" Erica implied.

"I don't think so, Deaton said she's supposed to help us," Scott replied.

"What else does it say?" Scott asked, pointing to the book.

"Each generation has its Elders - a label not specifically referring to its eldest witches in age, but to the very few, most powerful of them. They gain their strength from the four main elements of nature (water, air, earth and fire), therefore each generation has only four Elders."

Derek sighed, turning the yellowed page and starting to read, "Generations have taken a habit of naming each sorcerer after their source of power; usually in languages they admire most - Latin, Greek, Romanian and French."

"The rest is just describing each source of power, and some are just blank," Derek added, after flipping through a few pages.

"Well, her name's Nox, what does that mean?" Scott questioned.

"That's Latin for goddess of night," Boyd answered, gaining everyone's attention.

"Does that mean she's only a witch at night?" Isaac asked, confused.

"I think it means her source of power is the dark," Scott suggested.

They all felt like the information this book gave them left them more confused with a lot more questions than before. Scott thought he should've stuck with his original idea of asking his boss instead of agreeing to join Derek on this.

Scott had then decided to leave to go gather information about Jackson's whereabouts and who he was planning to kill next, while Derek had started explaining to his betas how they were going to survive their first full moon.

Derek was unlocking his 'full moon survival kit' when Isaac asked about the spiral on the wooden box, moving his fingers over it.

"It's a triskele," Boyd stated, gaining everyone's attention for the second time with his surprising knowledge.

"Spirals mean different things; past, present, future. Mother, father, child." He explained further.

"You know what it means to me?" Derek inquired, looking at him.

"Alpha, beta, omega?" Boyd replied, shrugging.

"That's right," Derek said, standing up, "It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas, or even Omegas."

Right when Derek finished his full moon survival lecture, he heard footsteps walking towards the train wreck.

"God, this place is awful," They all turned towards the voice approaching them.

Derek stared at the witch, crossing his arms, suddenly aware of the terror radiating off of Boyd.

"I mean turning troubled teenagers into hairy shape shifters for your own good is one thing, but sending your Beta to pry around in my business - you're basically asking me to kill you," Nox said, aggravating two of the Betas standing, causing them to growl.

"Hey, don't," Boyd warned, afraid she'd hurt his pack.

Nox smiled satisfied that the Betas still seemed to fear her as they didn't know she wasn't allowed to or strong enough to hurt them.

"What do you want?" Derek sighed in annoyance.

"Just here to retrieve my things," she replied, raising her arms in a way that implies she wasn't there to cause any trouble.

Derek wanted to explore the book some more, he felt like there was something missing, and wasn't satisfied with the information he gained from it, so he decided to tell her they didn't have anything of hers.

"You can't lie to a witch, Derek," Nox sighed, growing impatient.

When nobody had moved to return her book back, Boyd leaning on the wall nervously and Isaac and Erica smirking as the leaned on the wrecked train, their Alpha standing confidently in the middle of the room, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

Nox raised her arms infront of her and closed her eyes, a frown falling on Derek's face as he struggled to understand what was happening.

"Évrima," Nox exclaimed, causing the book laying in a corner at the end of the room to fly right into her hand, leaving Erica impressed, Isaac's jaw dropped and Boyd uncomfortable.

"If you want to know something, you should just ask," Nox raised an eyebrow, directing her statement at an annoyed Derek.

She smiled smugly, giving him a salute sign before walking out.