0.7

0.7 - god damn it.

•

"Okay, you walk in, I'll wait behind," Nox told Derek as they got closer to the sheriff's station, "Something bad is happening in there, and it's only about to get worse."

"Why don't we just go in at the same time?" Derek sighed.

Nox looked at him in disbelief that she has to explain it to him.

"Dumb move. We lose the aspect of surprise, and we're fighting a psychopath controlling a murderous lizard, the aspect of surprise is the only advantage we have here."

Nox kept her distance as she watched Derek walk in, but was immediately disappointed as the Kanima paralyzed him, him falling to the ground.

"Why don't we go on in at the same time," she mocked under her breath. "Werewolves really are dumb."

She watched the events unfold, trying to decide when was the right moment to walk in there.

She sighed, realizing there was no right moment, she walked in whispering a bunch of incomprehensible words under her breath.

"Vindeca vite," she raised her arm towards Derek who was lying motionless on the ground beside Stiles, triggering his healing process so he could regain his strengh faster.

Nox quickly ran inside, and just as Matt had finished telling Scott the story about when he 'died', she swatted her arm causing a half shifted Jackson to fly across the wall. Matt's head turned towards the scene, his eyes wide at the girl still dressed in blue reciting spells he couldn't make out.

Right away, he lifted his gun a bullet flying straight at the witch.

She profaned another spell, raising her other arm towards the bullet aimed at her causing it to change direction and come to a halt beside Matt's left foot.

Nox started panting, already feeling weaker. It was so much harder to restrict a Kanima than a werewolf.

"Fuck, where's Derek's stupid pack when you need them," she grunted, her body collapsing to the floor as she watched Scott fight Matt.

Just as the Kanima was free to move again, the hunters began firing at the station causing Scott to hide under a desk and Nox to stand against a wall.

A smoke bomb was then thrown inside, and when Nox was aware of her surrounding again, Jackson was right infront of her almost fully shifted.

"Oh! Jackson! Hey, dude.." she spoke raising her hands in a calming manner. "I'm not dangerous, man. Go after these idiots, they want you dead not me," she urged pressing herself further against the wall.

Before he could do anything, Scott came out of the smoke holding a knife.

"Remind me why I have to do this again," Nox groaned watching Deaton and Scott try their best to heal a sick dog.

"You're trying to stay alive?" Deaton looked up at her, sternly.

"At this rate, I'll die because of these idiots before my magic runs out," she sighed, frustrated.

A silent squint from Scott had Deaton asking him to take the dog to the backroom as he walked around the metallic table to stand right in-front of Nox.

"I'm not feeling like getting lectured right now," Nox rolled her eyes then looked at her feet to avoid the usual staring contest that she always seems to lose.

"I know it's been years since someone had your back," he started, "But you should give them a chance. They can be idiots a lot of the time, I know, but when worse comes to worst, they will fight for you."

Later, Isaac had shown up asking for Scott's advice and telling him about the pack's departure. Nox was startled by this information, and told him how unsafe it was for them to be moving alone at the moment, however they had already made their decision.

"Get up!" Nox murmured, getting the attention of the two werewolves hiding behind a large tree from the Argents with a howl-machine-thing.

"What are you doing here?" Boyd panted as they followed her instructions.

"Isaac spilled your stupid plan and thank luck I'm here to save you, now come on! Quick!" She sprinted right, both werewolves following her. Nox tried to deviate their path as much as possible, unsure what her plan exactly was; she just knew she had to be there to gain a few points on the saving people scale.

"Tell me if they're getting closer," Nox panted, looking back at Erica and Boyd.

"Uh, they're getting closer," Erica stammered, staring past Nox.

Nox turned to see Chris and his daughter on their beach-buggie coming to a halt and Allison getting off, immediately.

"Shit! The other direction! Now!" Nox exclaimed at the werewolves, both speeding up in the opposite direction, Nox following behind them.

Allison had perfect aim though, she shot her arrow which missed the witch by an inch and went straight into Erica's thigh.

Erica fell to the ground, grunting. Boyd turned around to help her up, but she kept shouting at him to keep running. With a comfirming nod from Nox, he was on his way again, trying to get as far away from the hunters.

"Allison," Nox repeated multiple times towards the hunter getting closer to them. "Allison, stop."

However, Allison shot another arrow this time aimed at the witch which she swiftly avoided, but was getting angrier. Five arrows later, two making their way into Nox's thigh, she was officially furious. Though unfortunately, she hadn't been able to redirect her anger towards the Argents. Nox held her head, she hadn't felt the urge to lose control this strongly in so long. She couldn't help it, she walked backwards before hitting a trunk and collapsing to the ground.

"Allison," she croaked one more time, but the young hunter completely ignored her as she began to shoot multiple arrows in the werewolf's direction.

Excruciating waves of pain went through Nox's head, she dug her fingers into the soily ground as she closed her eyes and automatically recited a string of spells, she watched broken visions in her had of another innocent soul fall crutching their heart as their life was inevitably taken from them. A doctor. He was a doctor. She had just killed someone who saves people for a living while watching another person get arrow-ed in front of her and could help neither.

She only regained herself when she heard Chris' gunfire aiming at his daughter's bow, breaking it. When she raised her head, it wasn't Erica that Allison had aimed all the arrows at, it was Boyd. He must have come back when he found them both helpless.