Six(Dylan x Axel)

Shutting the door, Dylan let out a heavy breath. She was finally able to accept her discomfort without showing weakness.
As she walked past the coffee table she carelessly threw her keys, knocking down a mug from the night before.
Limping towards the bathroom took excessive effort, taking her breath away with every step. Time seemed to slow as the throbbing burn in her side became more prominent, the main focus of her attention.
In the bathroom Dylan took a moment to catch her breath, her bloody hands holding up her seemingly small frame.
She looked into her eyes in the mirror. She could see the pain and agony shining through the weak shield of confidence she held up.
Trailing her eyes down, she looked at the wet spot on her black t-shirt. With trembling hands, she lifted the fabric to reveal her wound. It was the beginning of a nasty bruise that took up at least half of her abdomen, with several deep scratches. Just looking at it made her feel faint.
"That's a pretty nasty injury you have there." Dylan flinched. She looked up from the scratches, meeting his eyes.
"Yeah, well, nothing I can't handle," she retorted with a strained voice. Dylan was about to collapse to the floor and she knew it. There was just no way she would give in and ask the hero for help.
"You know, just about everything about your composure right now says otherwise. C'mon, let's get you to bed and I can fix it for you." His voice softened as he stepped towards her. She moved farther.
"I don't need your help." She gripped the edge of the counter tighter, her vision fading out a tad.
"Yeah, you do. After this we can forget I ever helped you, just don't let your pride get in the way of your safety. Please, Dylan." She almost gave into the look in his pleading brown eyes, until she remembered who he was.
"I told you I don't. Why are you so insistent anyways?" She straightened out, biting her lip to hold back a shout of pain.
"I'm a hero. It's my job to protect and save people regardless of who they are. That includes you." He moved closer, raising his hands to her.
"You're stupid for that, you know. One of these days you're going to get hurt, or even killed because you need to save everyone. You don't have any sense of self preservation."
"Right now, you seem like the one who cares a little too much about others' safety. In case you forgot, you're currently bleeding out." Axel rushed over to Dylan, not caring how much she refused anymore.
"No, I said I'm fi-"
"You're not fine, so don't even try. I'm going to get you to bed, then I'm going to take care of you, you don't have a choice in this." Axel picked Dylan up, and at this point she was too tired to care. She just wanted the pain to go away.
"You're gonna be okay, I promise. I won't let anything happen to you, not again. I'll protect you, Dylan. I swear on my life." Axel then kissed her forehead, but by then she was already long gone.