II

~Taylor's POV~
*a day before the road trip*

I was finally getting all my last things together and packing the car when my phone buzzes and a familiar face pops up. I havnt seen Karlie since last week when I brought her coffee, but we've been texting constantly about the small details of our trip. I answer the FaceTime call and see a smiling Karlie on the other line.

"Hey you." Karlie says with a smile, and her dimples become more defined in her face.

"Hey."

"What's wrong Tay?" Karlie ask and I can tell she's genuinely concerned.

I'm not sure how to tell her I'm nervous for the trip. Or how to tell her her flirting makes me nervous. Or how to tell her I don't know what I'm feeling. Or how to tell her I'm feeling anything at all. But lately I have been so captivated by Karlie, and it's really weird. She's my best friend for Christ sake.

"Nothing I'm just a little anxious about forgetting something important," I lie as I scratch my head and furrow my brows.

"It's all gonna be okay girly, if you forget anything I'm sure I have it or we can stop to get it," Karlie says so reassuringly. God why does she have to be so good at talking, and why am I so bad at talking to her? I'm the one that's supposed to be good with words.

"I'm sure it'll be alright," I say looking down.

"Taylor I can tell somethings up. Talk to me. If you don't want to that's alright, I'll see you tomorrow and we can talk. I can't wait to spend the week with you."

The words sink into my brain. The week. How am I supposed to go a week alone with this girl without feeling anxious the whole time? I can't even explain why she makes me so nervous but she does. I know I shouldn't be nervous around her.

"I can't wait Kar," I muster up and say in a more enthusiastic tone.

"There you are," Karlie says with a smile. "Well I'm gonna go ahead and finish packing, so I'll see you tomorrow morning bright and early?"

"See you then," I say and press the red button to end the call.

A few moments go by and I'm frozen in thought staring at the light reflection in my granite counter top when my phone buzzes again, but this time it's a text from Karlie.

"I love you Tay, and I hope that I can help you to forget whatever is stressing you out starting tomorrow. No work talk in my vehicle!"

A soft smile forms on my bare lips but then my heart sinks into my chest. I can't keep being so nervous around her. She just has a flirty personality but because of my past it kinda bothers me and I can't really explain why. Almost like she's flirting with me but she knows im straight. There's no reason to be nervous around my best friend. Karlie is just friendly like that. Maybe she thinks I find it funny and she's trying to get a laugh out of me. That's probably it.

After staring at the countertop with just my thoughts I respond to Karlie and put my phone down to finish packing:

"I love you too Kar, I can't wait to see you tomorrow"

         ————————————————————-
This is a little bit of a shorter chapter but I hope y'all still like it!! Stay tuned :))