Keeping His Word

Elijah had always prided himself on being an honest man. He never made promises he knew he couldn't keep, and followed through on his word under the condition it did not harm his family.

And it was hard, honestly, to watch his brothers fall apart. He had barely made it into the room when the amount of lighters dean handed him and razors Sam coughed up nearly broke him. He let himself be led through the doorway and to his room by Stiles halfway through the purging of harmful objects, not able to take anymore, and happy that stiles seemed to be able to see that.

"Okay, you sit here, I'm gonna go collect everything else and then we'll all watch a movie." Stiles said, helping his oldest brother who was feeling quite nauseous into the bed.

"Sti... u okay to do this?" Elijah asked quietly, not wanting stiles to take on more than he can chew.

"I'm fine Elijah, you need some rest. Take a nap, this will be done by the time you wake up." The younger boy replied, soft brown eyes smiling warmly at him.

And so Elijah did, leaving the breaking boys in the hands of Stiles as he drifted into sleep.

Stiles went straight to work, gathering all of the boys items that could potentially harm them and throwing out the things like matches and razor blades they could use only to hurt themselves. Then, with all the things they would need to use under supervision like face shavers and lighters for candles, he separated them all out into small plastic tubs with each boys name on it. He turned on a movie for all the boys who were gathered in the living room, leaving Zac in charge, before placing each boys tub in Elijahs room and quietly closing the door again so he wouldn't wake him.

The brown-haired boy looked around, smiling lightly at his brothers, and walked into the kitchen to make lunch. He walked over to the now locked cupboards and unlocked it with a key he had put on Elijahs keychain, unlocking the knifes. Grabbing one, he grabbed 7 apples and began to slice them thinly how their mom used to do. Humming gently, he zoned off as he chopped the fruit, beginning to think of their mom. He missed his parents very much, they all did. His mom and him shared a lot of the same features and they looked quite similar, but that wasn't the only thing they shared. Everyone in the family had someone before they died. Zac and Peter had each other, Sam and Dean were a match made in heaven, and Elijah had always been the closest to Damon. But Stiles... stiles had his mom. His dad was always working, and his siblings would pair up to play games (not that they would ever intentionally leave him out, but he never tried to get involved anyways) so his mom would be the one he gravitated to. She would read to him and even play lacrosse with him when he wanted to, though neither of them were really any good. But they would always cook together. Every single night, no matter what. His mom made a point that while she showed the other boys how to cook, stiles was always her little helper.

He smiled at the memory as he finished the apples, going to the pantry and fridge and pulling out bread, cheese, and ham. His brothers weren't picky, but they all ate pretty simply. He layered the sandwiches with meat and cheese before putting everything away, making sure the knife drawer was locked back. He quickly put a sandwich on each plate and the thinly sliced apples on the side. Just as he grabbed seven glasses of water, Elijah walked into the kitchen, hair messed with sleep.

"Hey 'Lij. I made lunch, all the boys are in the living room watching Rio. Go get 'em whenever you're ready to eat. Wait... should I have made Damon something different? I mean, do you think it'll be too much on his stomach? Oh god I definitely should've made him something else. Okay hold on, let me make him something different and then we can eat-" stiles began to go on one of his rants.

"Stiles, it's great. Damon did fine with the shake last night and eggs this morning. At the very least he can eat the apples. I could've helped you make lunch though, you didn't have to do all this." Elijah said, looking at the seven meticulously-made meals in front of him.