Help is Hard

READ THIS BEFORE OR YOU WILL BE CONFUSED!!!
so this is a kinda weird inclusion. it's a time all the boys went to ask for help because of their problems. honestly u can put these in the timeline wherever u wish, i just rlly wanted to write it. still working on the next chapter. love y'all!

Elijah and Dean were sitting on the eldest bed, laughing while looking up location spots for the boys. It had been far too long since they all went on a family trip, the the two eldest were planning on surprising them.

"What about-" Dean began, getting cut off by a knock at the door.

"Come in." Elijah called.

Sam's head peaked through the door, tears shining. Immediately the two eldests were on their feet and heading towards the brown-haired boy.

Sam was gently ushered inside by Elijah as Dean closed the door.

"Okay buddy, what's going on?" Elijah asked.

Sam didn't respond though, just looked at his oldest brother, eyes desperately pleading with him to understand what he needed.

Dean understood it, though. He saw how tightly clenched his hands were, knuckles turning white and the way his body was shaking slightly, like he was itching.

"Sammy? Do you... do you need some help not hurting yourself?" He asked.

Sam immediately turned towards him, nodding his head vigorously.

"Okay, okay. Elijah go get some ice cubes." Dean instructed, taking Sammy's shoulders and steering him towards the bed.

Elijah did so without question, running down the stairs and to the icebox.

"Okay Sammy, sit on your hands buddy, don't let them come up." Dean instructed.

Sam did so, more tears beginning to stream over his cheeks.

"God it hurts Dean! I need to do it, I need to, so bad!" Sam yelled, desperate.

"I know, I know, it's okay. You gotta trust me here bud." Dean coaxed.

Elijah came back in with the ice, Dean sitting behind Sam and putting a leg on each side of his brothers waist.

"Give me one of your wrists Sammy, it's okay. 'Lij, ice." Dean instructed hand out.

The second quickly held out the ice for Dean to take, who began sliding it in thin lines across Sam's wrist, much like a razor would.

Sam's body kept twisting and turning in Deans grasp, but eventually as he started switching between wrists, the boy calmed down. Dean did it a few more times before Sam fully relaxed into his big brother, body going limp.

Dean gave the melting ice back to Elijah, holding his little brother. The eldest quickly put it in the sink before sitting down next to them, hand on Sam's knee. Sam was looking at him, head against Deans chest.

"I'm sorry, I just really-" Sam began, quickly getting cut off by Elijah.

"Sammy I couldn't be more proud of you. You came to us when you knew you needed help. You don't understand how much of a huge step this is. I've absolutely never been prouder, and I will never ever be upset for you coming to me when you need one of us to protect you from yourself." Elijah comforted.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too Sammy, so much."

—————————

They were all eating breakfast when it happened. None of them had talked yet much, still too tired. Suddenly, Damon stood up from his chair abruptly.