23

After Kolby, Elias and I got back to the house I couldn't sleep. Tate laid next to me peacefully sleeping while my mind was full of ways to stop myself from being alpha. It's something I don't want, nor need. I've never needed a pack and I sure as hell don't want one.

The sun rose, Tate woke up still not talking to me. I don't blame her, but it's my final decision. I want to give Tate anything and everything her heart desires, but pups is one I can't. If I'm forced to be alpha, then I won't let my pups do that, this pack will end with me.

"Are you ready?" Mama knocked my door. With a sigh, I stood up and followed him to the pack house. We sat down next to each other with Elias and Kolby on the other side of mama, Sonny and Bentley on chairs with four suited men on another sofa.

"It has come to our attention that you're the next alpha, not Elias' son." A silver haired man looked at me.

"I am not. The alpha title belongs to Ej." I told him.

"Former beta sonny has informed us he is not. That you, Theodore Smith are actually both alpha Elias and beta Kolby's oldest son with Arlo Kingston. Is that true?" A red head asked me.

"Yes I am. But I am not of this nor will I be alpha. I have grown up without a pack and I don't intend on taking the title." I spat out suppressing a growl.

"Theodore," A brown haired man started.

"It's Theo." I growled a little.

"Theo, this pack needs an alpha after Elias." The same man started. "Ej is not the right fit. The rules are the next alpha will be of the alpha and his true mate. Which Ej is not, he is of alpha and chosen mate. You are the suitable fit to be alpha, not Ej. You will stay with this pack and be alpha. That is our final decision. Theodore Kolby Elias smith, you will be the next alpha of the black moon pack."

"No disrespect councillor but Theo is not the right fit to be alpha." Kolby started. "He has grown up around humans, he has no actual knowledge of being an alpha or how to be around a pack. He is not eligible to in that position, Ej knows this pack like the back of his hand. Theo can leave and leave the title to my nephew."

"I agree." Elias stated. "Theo has no clue how to be apart of a pack and has no experience using his alpha tone or how to be an alpha. Arlo has also chosen to not let Theo have the title due to his lack of experience in a pack. I won't pass down my title to Theo if he doesn't want it and I certainly won't do it if he has no wish to be alpha. I believe Ej can be alpha and is just as capable of doing a good job of it with Ryan as his beta. The two will be fine taking over while Theo lives his life with his mate and family elsewhere as they have been doing for the last sixteen years."

"We have made our final decision." The red head stated. "Theo will be alpha. He will be sent to the school for werewolves to learn his duties and will have the ceremony once he leaves. I'm sure he will come to terms with it and learn to live with it and be the alpha this pack needs."

"I won't do it." I growled.

"Yes you will. It is your birthright. You don't have a choice. And your mate will be Luna and take over from Luna Sofia. Am I understood?" He growled back.

"No." I spat out.

"Is there anything else you can do? I'm sure Ej will happily be alpha and let Theo leave." Mama asked the council desperately.

"We have made our choice arlo. You may leave but Theo stays here to be alpha with his mate. I'm sure Elias will give him a house to temporarily live in until he becomes alpha then move into the alpha house. We are done talking about this. Theo will be alpha.