Chapter 1: Gifts

I arrived at my family's house only 4 hours later, at about 3 in the afternoon. I pulled into the driveway and parked my g wagon, grabbing my suitcases from the trunk. I closed my back door and pulled out my phone, dialling my sister Zoe's number and grinning.

"Hello?" She asked and my grin widened.

"Hey, Zoe!" I said, a squeal was heard from her end making me chuckle.

"Kat!" She exclaimed. "It's about time you called!" She laughed.

"I know," I said before a mischievous look came across my face. "But, I have a surprise for all of you guys."

"Really?!" She gasped.

"Yes, really!" I said, walking my luggage to the front of the house. "Get everyone and then go outside," I told her.

"Why?" She asked making me roll my eyes.

"Just do it." I chided. "Please."

"Alright, Alright." She said with a huff.

"Okay, I have to go now but you guys are really gonna like this surprise," I told her hearing a sigh.

"Do you really have to go?" She whined making me sigh.

"Yes, I'm sorry, but duty calls," I said, playing it off with my grin still on my face.

"Okay." She said. "I love you. Bye Kat."

"I love you too, bye Zoe," I said softly, hanging up the phone.

I stood there for a minute, watching as Zoe got my siblings together through the window. The front door opened and I braced myself.

"KATTY!!!!" Lulu screamed as she barreled into me. I laughed loudly and hugged her back as my other sibling ran up to me too, pulling me into a tight hug. Mum was standing at the front door smiling at us, Peter in her arms as Helga held Tyler.

"We missed you, Kat," Zoe said making me chuckle.

"I missed you guys too," I said with a smile. "Now, who wants presents?!" I asked them.

"You got us presents?!" Lulu asked making me crouch down to her.

"Ya huh," I said, pulling a Jim Carrey face. I dramatically stood up and walked to my g wagon, opening the trunk once more. "Help me get all this inside and I'll give you guys your presents."

After getting the bags and boxes in the living room I gave everyone a bag of presents, leaving the boxes until last. While they went through their bags, consisting of mostly chocolate, candy, and little things, I turned to mum and Helga.

"It's so good to see you again, sweetheart," Mum said as she hugged me, Peter still in her arms.

"It's good to see you to mum," I said with a smile. "It's great to see you again, Helga. How are you?" I asked her, knowing that handling 5 kids is a challenge.

"I'm okay, great to see you, Katrina." She said with a smile, hugging me the best she could with Tyler in her arms.

"Oh! That reminds me, I also got you and mum something too." I said, getting two bags out. "Helga, I know how much you love books so, I got you some books about old Romanian stories as well as some novels I thought you'd like. I also got you some really good Dutch chocolates, I hope you like them."

"Thank you, dear." She said with a smile, taking the bag.

"And for you mum, I got your favourite Italian chocolates, a new romance novel, and a special wine from France," I said, handing the bag to my mum.