Chapter 3: Alarm

A little while later I looked on, amused as he put up cameras around the house. He then went back outside to put up even more security systems. He then came back inside to put sensors on all the windows and doors. I was leaning against my doorframe, watching him go in and out of my sibling's rooms until he exited Seth's room, walking towards me.

"I need to put a sensor lock on your window." He told me, trying to get into my room. I just put my arm in front of him, blocking the entrance. "Let me through." He demanded, I just smiled at him.

"I'll let you in my room if you answer one question," I said making him give me an annoyed stare.

"No." He said, trying to get past me, only to be blocked again making him sigh. "What?" He asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

"What's your favourite fruit?" I asked, a confused look taking over his face.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"What's your favourite fruit?" I asked again, crossing my arms. He stared at me for a second, mulling over if he should answer me or not.

"Peaches." He finally said making me smile and move out of the way for him, walking down to the kitchen and writing peaches on my shopping list.

Then, only 2 hours later, it was time for mum to leave.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said, hugging each of us as she held Tyler in her arms.

"I'm gonna miss you too," Lulu said sadly making me smile sadly.

"I'll be back in 48 hours, okay?" She said, hugging Seth. "Bye, pumpkin. I love you pumpkin." She said to Peter before hugging me.

"Bye mum, try not to stress too much, okay?" I told her as we hugged. She pulled away and put a hand on my face.

"I'll try sweetheart. Take care of your siblings for me, okay?" She asked making me nod.

"Always."

She started walking away before stopping and turning back to us.

"Oh, and remember, whatever Lieutenant Wolfe asks you to do, you do it." She said making Zoe roll her eyes slightly.

"Mom, chill. We're gonna be fine." She said making me sigh quietly. Wolfe and Helga walked mum to the car. Helga put mums bag in before taking Tyler, the Lieutenant and mum conversing one last time. Mum looked at us, blowing us a kiss before the car left, leaving us waving bye to her. My siblings then all walked inside, Helga and Tyler coming in not even a minute later. I stayed and waited for the Lieutenant, figuring I should at least be nice to him. He walked up to me and stopped.

"You should be inside." He said making me huff, crossing my arms.

"I own a billion-dollar business in New York, I think I can handle waiting for you to come inside." I pointed out, a surprising look forming on the Lieutenant's face. "Oh? You didn't know?" I asked with a smirk, he cleared his throat.

"No. Now go inside." He said firmly making me grin.

"Only if I can call you Shane," I said, he huffed and looked away for a second.