Chapter 16 (Trigger Warning)

A/N: Trigger Warning for abuse

Saanvi paces Chris's apartment, biting her fingernails. Both hers and Chris's apartments had slowly accumulated boxes over the past couple of days as they were beginning to pack to move into the house. Today, however, was the day that Saanvi was supposed to see Ravi again, and she could hardly stand the anxiety.

"What are you going to do if he tries to hurt you?" Chris asks.

"I've got a plan," Saanvi says.

Tara shakes her head, "I don't like this. He just needs his ass kicked. Come on! Chris and I could take him!"

Chris gestures to Tara, "Thank you!" He exclaims.

"You guys, relax. I know what I'm doing."

Saanvi's phone buzzes. She looks at the message.

"He's on his way up. Both of you stay here but leave the door unlocked in case I need you. If I come in and Ravi tries to follow me, pull out your phones and start recording. Hopefully, this will only take a couple of minutes."

Chris sighs, "Be careful."

Saanvi nods, then walks out of Chris's apartment and shuts the door behind her. Chris sighs, then leans against the counter on his elbows, resting his chin on his hands. Tara then reaches into her purse, pulls out a pair of brass knuckles, then slides them across the counter to Chris.

Chris raises an eyebrow at her, then nods, "I knew I liked you."

"Oh, that's nothing. I've got pepper spray, a taser, a pocket knife - hell, I've even got nunchucks in here. I've got three people in my phone that will kill that guy. Literally. I'd say we're pretty well prepared."

Chris blinks, "Remind me to never piss you off."

x

There's a knock on Saanvi's door, and she opens it to reveal Ravi. It was strange, it felt like just last week she was taking him to the airport, but at the same time, it also felt like another lifetime ago. It felt strange that she would have been marrying him in two weeks had they not broken up their relationship.

"Hello, Ravi."

"Hello, Saanvi."

Ravi steps into the apartment and hands Saanvi a bag with a few of her things.

"Oh, thank you," Saanvi says.

"Where is he?" Ravi asks.

Saanvi rolls her eyes, "He's not here. He stayed behind in Miami to write," She lies.

"Hmph." Ravi takes a look around, "I like what you've done with the place. Looks like you've finally decided to embrace your heritage."

"Um, thank you."

"Are you moving?" Ravi asks, noticing the other boxes.

"That's none of your business." Saanvi picks up a box from the coffee table, "Here's your things. Your keys are in there too."

Ravi takes the box, stares at it for a moment, then sets it back down on the coffee table, "Mind if we talk for a moment?"

"Um...about what?"

x

"This is taking way too long," Chris says.

"I agree. Should we go over there?"

"Chris!" Saanvi shouts from the hallway.

The apartment door bursts open and Saanvi runs in. Tara pulls out her phone and starts recording.