Chapter 6 (Trigger Warning)(Explicit Content)

Trigger Warning: SPOILER but potentially necessary; trigger warning for abusive relationship.

Chris wakes up the following morning with mixed emotions.

He opens his eyes and blinks a couple times, and the first thing he sees is Saanvi, still fast asleep. Her bare back was turned to him and the blankets were mostly at her waist, so Chris could just barely make out the hints of scratches he'd left on her lower back the night before, and there were surely more that were covered by the blankets.

The first thing that Chris feels is a pool of guilt forming in his stomach. The realization that he was now officially "the other guy" hit him hard and fast. But Saanvi had also said the night before that she didn't love Ravi and didn't want to marry him. Maybe she would break things off with him. Maybe she and Chris could start something together, or at least have some more nights like the one before guilt-free.

Last night had been so incredible. Saanvi was so sexy and amazing and...beautiful. Chris had never wanted it to end. Even now, he just wanted her to lay with him forever, as he knew that returning to real life would be incredibly hard.

Saanvi's eyes soon flutter open. She feels Chris shift behind her to move closer so that they were spooning as he begins to kiss her neck and shoulders.

"Morning," Chris mumbles, softly.

Saanvi can't help but smile, "Hmmm...morning," She hums.

A moment later, Chris sees Saanvi's eyes widen, and he immediately knew what was coming.

"We slept together last night," Saanvi states.

Chris slowly nods, "Yeah, a little bit..."

Saanvi looks over to the nightstand next to the bed, where she'd set down her engagement ring.

"I cheated on my fiancé."

Saanvi sits up, and it was clear that her head was spinning. She pulls the blankets up to cover her chest. Chris sits up as well, concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

Saanvi pauses a moment, then exhales and gives a small laugh, smiling ear-to-ear.

"I'm wonderful," She says, "Is that terrible? Am I a terrible person?"

"What are you gonna do?" Chris asks.

Saanvi sighs, "Well, I mean...we can talk about us later, but what I know for sure is that I want to break things off with Ravi. I just don't know how or when or..."

"Well, I mean, I know it's kind of shitty to break up with him when he's on the other side of the world, but...next time you guys can call or Skype or whatever, just rip the bandage off."

"It's not that simple."

"Why not, Vee?" Chris asks, sounding frustrated.

Saanvi pauses a moment, then sighs, "If we're going to have this conversation, I need some coffee first."

X

Usually when it came to writing, Chris was either able to put his daily life aside in order to focus on music, or was able to channel the difficult things he may have been going through into the music. For whatever reason though, it was clear to Ricky and Ryan that Chris could not focus on work today.

"No, we're working on this one today," Ricky says, clicking on the audio file.

"What's up with you today, man? You're not being a bossy asshole like usual," Ryan comments.

Chris snorts, "Thanks," He retorts, sarcastically.

"Seriously though, everything okay?" Ricky asks.