Part 18

I woke up to Monty already awake and touching my stomach. I could feel the baby moving and Monty was trying to keep it in one place and started to rub where it kept pushing out. I put my hand on Monty's and looked up with a soft smile.
"It likes you." I whispered since I heard Monty's dad walking past his room.
Monty rubbed my belly again and it made the baby kick even harder. "It doesn't even know me." Monty whispered as he heard his dad as well.
I rolled over while Monty kept his hand on the side of my stomach. I rubbed his chin and sighed. Monty is rarely this gentle and I just wanted to soak it all up. "It knows you're it's daddy. Why do you think it's trying to get close to you?"
Monty sat up and waited to hear the front door close before looking down at me. If this was any normal morning Monty and I would be fucking the second that door closed. But Monty just got out of bed and looked at me. "We've always talked about having a baby; I just never thought it would be like this." He said as he started to undress. I sat up and watched as Monty started to looked for a clean shirt.
Before I could say anything, I heard his phone make a noise and I looked over to see a text from someone named Winston. Monty looked concerned and grabbed his phone. "Who is Winston?" I know pretty much everyone who Monty talks to and I've never heard him mention this guy before.
Monty turned around, putting his hands on his dresser, letting out an annoyed sigh. I knew something was wrong, but I don't want to deal with the fighting right now. I grabbed my shoes and started to put them on. Monty finally looked at me and I could tell he didn't want to talk about this person, which concerns me. Once I got my shoes on I looked up at him and I had a horrible gut feeling. "Jessie, it's no one."
I nodded my head and stood up, I walked past Monty and went into the bathroom. My stomach has gotten bigger and I need to figure out who I'm going to have adopt this baby. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before I heard Monty walk downstairs. I walked down the stairs and seen Monty sitting at the table with his mom making herself some coffee. His mom noticed me and I didn't get the normal smile or anything. "Sit." Was all his mom told me, this wasn't her normal tone and it worried me a little. I sat down and looked over at Monty, who was texting someone.
His mom stood between us and put her coffee down. "Montgomery, put your phone down." Monty put his phone in his pocket and looked at his mom. "I don't know what's going on between you two and at this point I don't care. But what I do care about is my grandchild and what is going to be happening once it is born. Jessie, I know you're thinking of adoption but this isn't a game. You can't keep switching if you want to keep the baby or not any time you two have a fight."
I looked at his mother with such anger. I knew she'd want to talk but I didn't think it would be like this. "It's not because of us fighting; I'm not going to be a single mother and have Monty not be involved or come in and out of this child's life." I snapped, I don't care if I'm being rude. I'm not going to have someone try to disrespect me without knowing the truth.
His mom sighed and looked at her son. "What do you want, Montgomery?" I snorted and both of them looked at me with annoyed looks. "Look, whether you two or together or not, he's still the father and still has a say. So, what do you want?"
Monty looked up at me, then at his mom, and back at me. "I don't care what she decides to do." I could tell he was lying, but I don't think his mom does.
His mom sighed again and sat down between us. We heard his sister moving around upstairs and I didn't want to deal with the De LA Cruz family ganging up on me anymore. "I don't know what to say about this. We knew you two were having sex, but I at least thought you were being safe. You both are young, and even though we're all close, this is going to ruin both families. Jessie, your mother and I both agreed we will not let this ruin a long time friendship if you decided on adoption. And Monty, if she does decide to keep the baby you're going to have to step up. No more going out and you'll have to get a job. But, if she does decide on adoption, we all think it's best if you two stop seeing each other."
Monty looked at his mom and stood up and I followed his lead. "I'm not going to sit here and have you tell me who I can and can't see." Monty shouted before walking out of the house.
I seen his sister out of the corner of my eye and I just don't care anymore. "I agree with Monty, I'm not going to sit here and have you give me ultimatums about my life and my choices. I don't know what was said between you and my mom, but at the end of the day I'm the one who will have to live with my choices." I stormed out of the house and went to my car as Monty had already left.

~25 Weeks pregnant~
I found out that the baby is a boy, I haven't told anyone because both of our families are mad at me and I haven't talked to Monty in over a month. Neither of us have tried to reach out to the other, I know he's seeing someone because he hasn't tried to reach out to even hook up. I walked downstairs to see my mom getting ready for work. "I have to pull a double today, I need you to do the dishes and put the laundry away."
"I have a baby appointment today, so I'll do it after." I know my mom is mad, but I'm not going to apologize for what I said.
She put her bag on the counter and turned around to look at me for the first time in a long time. "What are you doing with this baby? I need to know so I can prepare."
"I don't want to be a single mother, I haven't heard from Monty in over a month." I shrugged.
My mom just shook her head. "You know how that boy is. You two are young and once you graduate high school, you guys might never see each other again if you give this child up. But remember, if you do keep it, you will have to see him."

I walked into the office for my appointment to check on my boy. I've been having cramping and they just want to make sure everything is ok. They did an ultrasound and said that I needed to wait for the doctor.
The doctor walked in and checked my stomach measurements. "So you've been having some cramping?" She asked me as she helped me up.
"Yeah, it started about a week ago. It feels like my stomach gets tight." I explained to her.
The doctor nodded her head and sat up straighter. "So I'm going to hook you up to monitors to make sure it's not contractions and just Braxton hicks." She said as she strapped things to my stomach. "We'll check for about an hour and go from there. You might want to let the father know what's going on, incase he wants to be here." She said before she left.
I sighed and pulled out my phone to see a text from Monty saying 'We need to talk.' I rolled my eyes and decided to respond. 'I'm at the doctors, they are checking to make sure I'm not having contractions.' I seen that he read the text but didn't respond.
After an hour the doctor came in. "Ok Jessie, it does look like you're having mild contractions. I want you to rest as much as possible." She said as the nurse handed me some paperwork
I walked to my car and decided to call Monty, but he didn't answer me.

~One week later~
I was sitting with Justin and Clay by the football field, I'm now 26 weeks pregnant and still have been having contractions. I could see Monty talking to Charlie and Scott but he hasn't looked my way or even tried to talk to me since the appointment. "Have you made a choice yet?" Justin asked me, pulling me out of my head.
"I found a few couples, but nothing is set in stone." I explained, still looking at Monty.
Clay decided to jump in on the conversation. "I don't understand why you don't give it to a stable couple. Monty has too much anger and you guys have been on and off for how long?"
Justin smacked Clay with a shut up look. "It's a lot easier said than done. I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But I've been having contractions and they are starting to get worse."
I seen Monty walking away from his friends and stood up. "Where are you going?" Both boys asked at the same time.
"Monty." Was all I said as I followed him to his jeep.
He noticed me following him but didn't stop. I could tell he was still mad, we've never gone this long without talking. Once we both got to his jeep he finally turned to look at me and I could tell he hasn't slept and had been crying. "What do you want?"
"We need to talk." I replied.
"About?" Monty asked as he threw his bag into the back seat.
I looked up at him and I just felt every emotion; angry, hurt, love, and lust. "I've been having contractions and I don't know what's going to happen. We've never gone this long without talking and we really need to." I tried to explain.
Monty leaned against his jeep and looked me up and down. "You don't look like you're having contractions." Was all he said.
I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I am, if you would've answered my call last week you would've known."
"Look Jessie, you seem like you've made your mind up. I had to hear from my mom that you didn't want to keep it.."
"Him" I cut him off. "The baby is a boy."
I couldn't tell if he was happy or what and that scared me a little. "So you're giving our son up."
"I haven't make a final decision."
"Then what do you want?" Monty yelled. "I'm not going to sit here and deal with the bullshit from you. I have my own things going on and you're not helping!"
I took a step back. "You're not the only one going through things Montgomery. I don't want to give him up but I also don't want to be a single mother at 18!" I yelled back at him.
Monty rubbed his face and looked at me. "You act like I haven't been here for you all these years. What makes you think you'd be doing this alone? If I only wanted to fuck you I wouldn't have stayed with you. We've been together for how long? You're the only girl I've ever loved but I don't know what you want from me anymore!"
"I want us back! I want you to be here for us and not feel like I'm going to be alone. We had plans to be together even after high school!" I yelled back at him. I could tell something was going on, but I know he would never admit it to me.