Chapter 2: Knightley Duties

The next day, Asta woke up in his bed, the sun hadn't even risen yet. So, he decided to do some training. About 10,000 sit ups, push ups, squats and a 3 mile sprint would do. So, after putting his robe on (he didn't care much for the suit that came with) he went outside and started working out.

  Little did Asta know, a certain ginger was watching him the whole time..
.....

  ***************♧***************

  "Alright, Yuno, Asta, and Mimosa," Klaus said, as Asta, Yuno, and Mimosa were instructed to gather there, "I shall now explain your duties as a magic knight. Your purpose is to serve and protect the kingdom. So, we are given missions to fulfill that duty. Most of the bland missions go to the Black Bulls or Green Praying Mantises, like dealing with infestations and the like. However, we get important missions, like looting dungeons and hunting down dangerous criminals. Am I clear?" The three newbies nod.

  "Alright," Klaus went on," The Golden Dawn operated with different units in its magic squad. These are units of 3-4 people, grouped together by Captain Vangeance." He murmured, "And I'm the one stuck with the commoners."

  ***************♧***************

  As Asta and Yuno were walking around the courtyard of their new home, they passed by many people. Their reactions to the commoners were very similar. "What are they doing here?" "That midget doesn't even have any magic" "Why are we the people stuck with them." It didn't phase Asta, as he was used to it. But it did phase Yuno, who was always praised for wonderful magic control.

  "Hey," Asta said, standing on his tippy-toes to put is hand on Yuno's shoulder, "It's alright. You're stronger than, like, most of the guys here. Sure we're commoners, but we made it to The Golden Dawn, didn't we? I think that makes us pretty amazi-" Asta was cut off by being knocked over by another Golden Dawn member who had curly brown hair. "Oh," he said, "I'll need to have my suit washed. Wouldn't want his weak mana rubbing off on me."

  "Hey!" Asta shouted, "We made it into The Golden Dawn, too! Stop looking down on us, we're in the same squad!" "Just so you know," the curly haired guy said, turning around, "I'm your Vice Captain. Show some respect. Though, you'll be gone soon enough. Commoners don't deserve to be in The Golden Dawn."

  As Vice Captain Langris walked away, Asta decided to mutter, "Sheesh. One vice captain we got alright. You okay, Yuno?" "I'm fine," Yuno stated monotonely, with his ice cold glare. Then, he walked off.