2.

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

            When Evangeline made her way to the ballroom, she stumbled upon Rebekah who wore a magnificent dress and of course, the prettiest smile they could find in the court

            When Evangeline made her way to the ballroom, she stumbled upon Rebekah who wore a magnificent dress and of course, the prettiest smile they could find in the court. Waving at her, Rebekah motioned for her to come next to her and Evangeline found herself happy.

"Evangeline," she breathed out. "No lady's duties tonight?"

Evangeline chuckled, "No, tonight is all about fun. My friends are probably talking to noblemen."

"Who are they?"

"There is Mary, of course then Genevieve, Lucy and Jocelyn," she said softly. "Perhaps one day, you can join us for tea and I will introduce them to you. They are very nice people."

While Rebekah and Evangeline continued to chat, none of them realised Niklaus had stepped into the ballroom with his brothers. Elijah and Kol were looking around while Niklaus was looking for someone special. Evangeline. It didn't take long for him to settle his eyes on her, he could see her in a room full of women. Rebekah was standing next to her, laughing at something Evangeline had said.

His legs proceeded to walk towards them but he stopped as he waited for them to finish their conversation. He didn't want to appear rude, besides his little sister would never let him hear the end of it. Finally, Rebekah pointed at him with a smile as Evangeline hurried herself to turn around and bow.

Niklaus grabbed her arm, pulling her up, "No need to bow in front of me, love," he said softly as she granted him a smile. "So, you are friends with my little sister."

Evangeline nodded her head, a cup of wine in her hand, "Indeed. Rebekah is good company and very wise. I could use a friend like her at court," she then explained, looking over his shoulder. "Where are you brothers? I was eager to meet them and talk properly."

"We could go find them," he proposed.

Evangeline hummed, smiling as she heard the music stop, "Or, perhaps, would you please do me the honour of sharing a dance with me?" Niklaus didn't answer as she waited for him to take her hand, she frowned. "Do not let a lady wait, my Lord. It is very rude."

"Very rude of me, I apologise," he said with a chuckle as he took his hand, and pulled her to the middle of the room. Many eyes fell on them but Evangeline had only eyes for Niklaus. Even Klaus couldn't help but stare at her and only her.

"I suppose it is no wonder why we have so many eyes on us," Evangeline whispered as he showed her a pleasant smile. "People told me you never showed yourself with a woman at your arm, before me. Why me?"

With the hand on her waist, he squeezed softly, "Because, perhaps, you are the perfect woman to show me with. Everyone loves you, why shouldn't I?"

Evangeline ignored how her cheeks flushed and it was brought up, she would just blame it on the heat coming from the ballroom, "There are a lot of things you do not know about me, my Lord," she said as he raised an eyebrow. "We all have secrets and you somehow appear to have some as well. You are too mysterious."