3.

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲, 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

          The Mikaelson had been here for almost a year now and had grown to like Evangeline more and more every day

          The Mikaelson had been here for almost a year now and had grown to like Evangeline more and more every day. Each of them were stunned by how talented and wise she was. The first afternoon where they played chess had allowed Elijah to learn more about the sweet lady Evangeline. Then, Kol proposed to her to go hunt which she accepted right away because she missed it dearly. Rebekah loved her because for once, someone cared about her and not only her brothers. All of them were somehow feverish to welcome her into the family, and very happy to see Niklaus become himself when he was around her.

All the comments about her didn't help Niklaus either. He was absolutely mental about her, and had felt that way ever since he laid his eyes on her. But, she was giving him a hard time. They did multiple activities together such as horse riding, play chess and meet in the library to read together. There was nothing sweeter and calmer than to spend his afternoons reading by her side. He loved all those moments and sometimes, it made him dread the moment he would have to tell her but he refused to.

What if she starts seeing him as a monster? The one he really is? Nonetheless, Evangeline was not stupid and her instinct was always right—so, deep down, she knew that Niklaus was hiding something from her.

As for now, Niklaus observed his little sister roam around their chambers. He soon noticed that she was fully dressed to go somewhere and he could not help himself to ask.

"Where are you going, sister?" Niklaus queried.

Rebekah smiled softly, grabbing a hair pin, "Evangeline invited me for some tea with the Queen of Scotland, Mary. Do not worry, brother. I will behave properly."

"How considerate of you and how nice of her to invite you," he commented, slightly jealous that Rebekah would be the one spending her afternoon with his sweet Evangeline. "Be polite, Rebekah."

"I do know with whom I am having tea, Niklaus. Perhaps you are just jealous that for once, I am the one spending time with Angel," Rebekah mumbled.

Niklaus sped at Rebekah, stopping right in front of her as she stared at him with a cocked eyebrow. After all, she was used to Niklaus being impulsive so instead, she stared and smirked. Before any of them could utter a word or move a muscle, Elijah stepped between them and separated them with a long sigh.

"Sister, go meet Evangeline," he smiled softly then looked at his brother. "And, you stay here Niklaus," he told him, a finger on his chest.

Rebekah thanked her brother as she strolled through the castle's halls while two guards were escorting her. Evangeline had been sweet enough to invite her to tea with her friends and the Queen. It would have been quite stupid to refuse. When she arrived, the women were already around the table. She kneeled in front of the Queen, just like her brothers had taught her.