6.

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅, 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝘁.

          Evangeline recalled when she would see her parents laughing and looking at each other as if they were the only thing that mattered in the whole world, and she remembered wishing to have someone to love that much and that would love her back

Evangeline recalled when she would see her parents laughing and looking at each other as if they were the only thing that mattered in the whole world, and she remembered wishing to have someone to love that much and that would love her back. Never in her life, she thought that person would be Niklaus Mikaelson—a hybrid but she was happy nonetheless. None of his bad traits mattered now that he was hers.

Today, for the first time, all the attention was on her. She watched as people danced in the ballroom and filled the room with joy. Earlier that day, Evangeline had said the two words I do which meant that she had given herself to the only man she would ever love and care for: Niklaus.

With a chuckle and wide smile, Niklaus took her hand and dragged her in the middle of the room. His hand landed on her waist as they spun around the room, staring at each other—it was as if everyone had disappeared.

"May our marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise," she whispered as he grabbed her waist, spinning her into the air as she laid her hands on his shoulders to prevent her from falling. "Nik, is the King watching us?"

"He is, why?"

Before she could answer, Francis and Mary made their way towards the couple. Mary and Francis had finally straightened everything out and had gotten married. The newly wed couple bowed in front of them but Mary was quick to scoff and bring Evangeline up, then offered a sweet smile to Niklaus.

"We wanted to congratulate both of you," Francis said, laying a hand on Evangeline's shoulder whom he considered like a little sister. "You know you will always have a place here, at court, Evangeline."

Mary sighed, grabbing Evangeline's hand in hers, "Although I am quite sad about you going away."

"Mary, I am coming back."

The truth was that Evangeline had no idea if she would see her best friends again—and the thought of never seeing the people she grew up with frightened her. Was she supposed to not see Mary's child? Attend Joycelyn's wedding? Or scold at Genevieve?

"I know you are," Mary whispered, holding her hand tightly. "Please, take care of yourself," she almost begged, smiling softly.

Evangeline nodded her head, beaming at her childhood friend, "I promise."

"Once again, congratulations," Francis broke the silence, taking a step closer to Evangeline to kiss her forehead. It was a sweet gesture he had started doing when they were children considering he was always taller than her.

The royal pair left as she watched them fade into the crowd. Niklaus leaned down to kiss the side of her head and excusing himself. Sitting back down, she watched as people could not stop dancing and the music would get only louder and louder. The sight of Genevieve dancing with a random nobleman made her smile widely as she couldn't hold her chuckle in, and decided to walk away from the festivities for a bit.