Chapter 1

Hi everyone! Thank you for choosing to read my newest story Engaged In Prep! This will follow right where Carolina Prep left off.

America
Yesterday Maxon proposed to me, and my family showed up and surprised me at the palace.

All in all, I just had the best Christmas I've ever had, and I have reason to believe that next year's will be even better.

The idea of actually marrying the crown prince is still new to me though.

I do love Maxon, I really do, but the idea of becoming a Princess and one day Queen is just a lot to take in.

It's just the price of marrying Maxon, which I'm just going to have to handle.

Being in school while training to be a Princess doesn't sound easy either.

I really don't want to give up school though, or at least not right now.

Once we get married I may have to, but as for right now, since we're only engaged, we can continue on with our lives.

The Queen did offer for us to live in a house off campus though so we can have more privacy from the public.

Having our own place sounds good to me. Maxon already had a "small" mansion that he hosted parties at. I would rather us get a smaller house to actually live in though.

Extravagance isn't always my most favorite thing, but I'll be okay with whatever Maxon and I agree on. I doubt he will want to live in the mansion either.

"America my love," Maxon says as he walks into my bedroom.

I turn around to hug him and look up at his face with a smile.

"Hi Maxon, is there something I can help you with," I greet.

"Well I was wondering if you would want to talk to our friends and announce our engagement."

"I was thinking about that, but I was going to wait until you mentioned it to say anything," I say.

"We can call them now if that's how you want them to find out."

I hadn't really thought about how we were going to tell them. I know they will all be happy for us though, except for Kriss, but she isn't really part of our friend group anyways.

"I do want to tell them, but I wanted to find a special way to tell them," I say.

"Sounds good to me," he says pulling me into his arms.

"Did you have an ideas," he asks looking down at my face.

"Hmm... what if we took some engagement photos where I had my ring on in one and then take it off for another and tell our friends to "spot the difference". Then when they notice my ring, the news will be out there," I say, now excited about this.

"I love that idea," Maxon says spinning me around.

"After we announce our engagement we'll have to make a lot of decisions when it comes to our personal life and the public. We will have to decide when to tell the public, what to do about school, when you will start your training to become a Princess, how you want to redesign this room, and we can't forget about the most important thing. Planning our wedding. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you America."