A Strange Halloween

Skid's POV: I was walking around the town getting candy in two of my bags, one was for me and the other was for Pump.

I even went to the candy store to buy some candy just in case if I didn't have enough candy for Pump.

Every year I would go to The Girlfriend's house to get some candy, but this time she didn't pass out candy this year.

I was asking myself, why isn't she passing out candy? Didn't have time? Dealing with her parents? Hanging out with The Boyfriend? I was so confused but I decided to continue and move on.

After an hour or so I walk to Pump's house and I knock on the door he didn't answer, I decided to walk in and I walk to his room.

I try to open the door but it was locked so I said "hey Pump it's me skid I got you some candy!" I hear him get up and unlock the door but he opened the door slightly so I can only see his normal side.

I ask him "can I come in?" He shook his head and said to me "I'm still sick and I want to be alone." I nod and I give him the candy but it seemed like he was lying to me.

I walk out of his house and I close the door on my way out, I walk home and I walk inside my house to be greeted with a note on the table.

The note said "hey skid, I'm gonna be home late tonight. Your dinner is in your room I'll see you when I get home. Love, mom"

I smile and I walk in my room and I put my candy bag down next to my bed, I eat my dinner and I go to sleep.