four

A/n: you didn't know I could update? That's because I don't do that often :>

O1.O1.2O2O | 12:00 AM

"Three. . . Two. . . One. . ."

"Happy New Year!"

Standing right in front of the spooky wooden door, the seven young boys exclaimed ecstatic, voices filled with optimism and glee.

Their voice filled with colors of excitement rang throughout the dark grounds, ironically.

"Since there's no ‛special Jaemin cake', let's just proceed onto the resolutions," Jeno smiled, his eyes turning crescent. His hands clasped together, eyes closed and head drooping low with the others followed his actions closely behind.

"To spend more time with the kids."

"I pledge that I'll try not to kill these annoying people this year. I'll try."

"I'll try to be funnier this year."

"Annoy Mark more."

"I'll love Jisung a little more this year."

"I'll buy my friends something nice for their birthdays."

"Dance every day to improve."

After a minute everybody was done with their resolutions, some being really random and some being eloquently significant with their feelings.

"Alright. If we're done, let's go!" Haechan howled, his pitch higher than usual due to the adrenaline rush of thrill hitting him in the cold nowhere.

His hands firmly grazed the doorknob and his lips turned in disgust at the sheet of dust sticking on his palm.

Renjun held onto the hood of Haechan's jacket pulling him back towards himself and strangling him in the process.

"Shouldn't we decide who the tagger will be first?" He smiled, looking at all of them individually, exploring through the rollercoaster of expression they held onto.

"Right," Haechan replied with an upset voice, proceeding onto rubbing his hands at Jaemin's padded jacket- shooting him his best charming smile when the boy turned around, glaring daggers.

"Alright, we'll go on with the cheapest way and that is rock paper scissors," Jisung said.

All the boys shuffled on the small space until they formed a circle large enough to throw their fists- not at each other's faces as they wished but- for their choices.

"Rock Paper Scissors!"

Three rocks, three scissors, and one paper. Everybody groaned, some even face-palming themselves out of frustration.

"Rock Paper Scissors!"

Renjun and Haechan held out a scissor while all of them had paper. Haechan let out a screeching howl of praises, a sudden burst of self-esteem building up within him as he pats his own back with a proud smile. Renjun on the other was so happy, he squealed in excitement, thumping his legs spontaneously on the wood under.

Renjun was a quiet guy who doesn't enjoy loudness and avoided using his energy in most stances but at times he knew how to have fun, like now.

"Rock Paper Scissors!"

Jeno, Chenle, and Jaemin held rock while the other two had scissors. Jeno muttered an audible 'yes', his fist balling in determination. Chenle just sighed, his hands gently resting on his loud beating heart. He was more nervous than scared. Jaemin stood unwavering-like he didn't care; and honestly? He wouldn't, even if he was to lose this game. He was just too proud of his own tagging skills.

Now it was just Mark and Jisung. The oldest and the youngest. Jisung dramatically pointed two fingers onto his eyes before pointing them at Mark's as if warning him that. . .

This was a battle of death and survival.

Everybody nervously gazed at the two of them and the game started.

Rock. Rock.

Scissor. Scissor.

Rock. Ro- Paper.

Wait what!?

"Bro, you changed it!" Mark points his finger accusingly at the youngest, his face red with frustration.

He knew where this was going.

"No, I didn't!" Jisung's eyes widened and his voice raised a pitch higher as if offended.

Mark, dumbfounded, looked at others, his eyes pleading them to do him justice. But forgetting about the justice part, they just decided to do him.

"Jisungie obviously won," Haechan retorted.

"My Jisung never loses," Came from a doubtlessly whipped Na Jaemin.

"Why me?" Mark disappointed let out, his voice lacing with despair as if betrayed.

"Aw, Why not you?"

Mark wanted to sigh, scream, oppose like a bratty kid, do everything that could probably express his agitating horror of nothing but a stupid game of dark room. But it wasn't stupid anymore, standing outside a possibly haunted house. Who knew what untold stories allocated inside, leashed and untouched.

"Mark has no sense of conscience. Would you like for the youngest to be alone in a warehouse full of ghosts and spiders?" Renjun asked, nubbing at Jisung's face. That face; that disgustingly cute face.

"Fine."

"I knew our Mark hyung is not scared at all," Jaemin pipped, his hands clasped together.

Mark knew he made a mistake tagging along but the bad deeds have been done. He knew nothing of this place, this situation, all he knew was. . .

This was not going to end well.

A/n: First post of 2021, happy new year guysss

Dreamies are so dramatic. I swear they love mark, I swear. Btw I suck at filler chapters :P