three

A/n: The paragraph in italics is a flashback.

31.12.2O2O | 11:49 PM  

And here mark was– with 6 over-energetic kids– standing outside the warehouse he said he wouldn't let them enter. He tried to stop them the best he could but of course, it fell on deaf ears.

They never listen to him anyway.

The quick-witted younger boys had a personality of contronyms. And when it came to convincing Mark, they did not hesitate to use both.

It was always a burst of cuteness and uwus at first, to start off with something light but when in extreme cases if it didn't work on him— like now— they would act as evil as the devil's pawns, pulling the last straw to his patience which is by annoying him.

"Stop being such a sissy, Mark." Ironically, came from Renjun who's been a scaredy-cat his whole life.

Mark's expressions were filled with disbelief, but all he could do was fold his arms against his chest and shake his head in quick disapproval.

"Let's go, just the 6 of us."

"We don't need him anyway."

"Yep."

Despite that they continued to provoke him, he stood onto his opinions. But the next words from Renjun sent shivers of incredulity throughout his body, "What a loser."

And that's when Mark lost it, agreeing to this crazy of a new year game, "Wow, fine. Do whatever you want."

Of course, he knew they didn't mean any of it but there was an extent to what he could take.

Well, they're their own boss now, Mark thought.

"This is stupid," Mark muttered under his breath, the exposure to coldness turning his nose into a hue of shallow red.

"Like you," Donghyuck rolled his eyes. Jeno ran a hand through mark's back, nodding in solace.

Chenle's hands grazed the cold metal gates, as he hissed at the cold shivers it bought him. The metal doors created a large shadow over the boys' frame, illuminated under the moonlight.

Chenle pushed it open, the rust perched all over the steel creating a loud creaking noise which was irritatingly loud tinnitus.

Renjun groaned loudly at the noise, scratching his ears in irritation.

"So creepy. I like it," Jaemin piped out loud. Jisung burst a loud laugh like it was the funniest thing he's ever heard.

They looked around, absorbing their surroundings into the containments of their minds.

In the far corner of the distorted garden stood an oak tree— a dried dead oak tree.

The centuries old monstrous-looking tree stood really tall and gigantic, its branches spread out like distorted limps as if trying to reach out to hold something.

A layer of thick algae covered the trunk, the only visible green throughout the dead, black tree.

Contorted thick branches reached above their head, creating an ample mass of dark shadow.

A natural feeling of foreboding passed through their spines and some of them shivered, averting their gazes away.

Their gaze wandered off to the warehouse in front of them which naturally stood dark and mysterious.

The three-storey house was enormous and vast, the boys standing outside feeling a sense of cosmic rushing over them.

The wooden plies knocked together were painted into a shade of calamitous black, the dark night sky as if in a vie rivalry on which one of them stood out darker.

The main door was brown, dark enough to let them see the thick coat of untouched settled dust onto the wood— suggesting that it had been abandoned before any one of them even existed.

For some reason, it looked inviting, a door waiting to be opened to unleash the dark profanity lingering underneath.

The once beautiful building was now home to million spiders, webs twirled around any prevailing corners of the spooky woody walls and doors.

Glasses shattered around the house spoke a lot that it's a home of junketing to multiple troublemakers around the town who were here to disturb the outliving silence.

But soon the suffocating hush died down as Jeno commented, "This house looks quite—" There was a long pause as he tried to find a term to describe the senile building.

"—ancient," Renjun continued and Jeno clicked his tongue in agreement, throwing a quick thumbs up at the choice of words— though they weren't exactly as good.

"So are you guys rea—" Jaemin was cut off by the loud croaking noise as he flinched in surprise.

The astound boys turned their heads in the direction where the noise came from— the oak tree.

Two ravens sat at the end of a branch, nearest to the seven boys as one shrieked loudly as if calling out to them.

"So apparently ravens are considered a bad omen," Renjun muttered lowly.

"Yah!" Came loud complaining whines from the younger ones as they pushed Renjun's shoulder lightly making the latter laugh. The older ones only stayed silent, their expressions distant, drowned in their own thoughts.

"Relax boys, we've got each other, so. . . " Jaemin said as he pulled them all together in a team huddle as he mumbled,

"We're gonna be alright."

A/n: The fucking disrespect- #savemark2020

If you ever see me exert an effort to make a joke, please ignore it because my humor is dry af.