Chapter 6. The Light and The Darkness

Kia stared at herself in the mirror examining her body. Kaylee watched her in the background with an amused smile. "Are you going to do that every day?" she finally asked, obsess over the changes in your body?"

"My face is getting puffy," Kia said. "I'm not even showing yet, but I've gained like five pounds."

"It's only been a week since you've found out, maybe it's water weight..."

"I don't care what it is! I am five pounds bigger than I was." She turned to stare at Kaylee. "Do you know how much I work out to keep this gorgeous figure? And now...."

"And now you're going to have a new gorgeous figure with a protruding stomach," Kaylee teased. "Seriously, Kia...you're still going to be beautiful regardless so what's the difference? The twins will be more in love with you than ever because of it."

"You mean more unbearable than ever. They've already stopped me from going to work every day, saying they don't want me under stress, it could be bad for the baby. I have to do something or I'll go crazy, thank god you're here to distract me..."

"I don't even know why you need me here," Kaylee said falling back and relaxing on Kia's bed. She stared at the ceiling. "I mean ever since your parents found out, they've been constantly on you, especially Aidan, with them and the twins...you're leading a pretty busy life..."

"Ah, Kaylee...you still don't understand your role in my life after all these years?" Kia walked over and grabbed her arms pulling her up. She hugged her tightly. "You are the sanity to my madness. You bring me peace and calmness. Being with you is like lying in a grass field and watching the clouds pass by."

"Wow," Kaylee said pulling away from her. "I don't see you ever doing that.."

"Heck no and get chased by bugs and creepy crawlies in the grass?! But I saw you doing it and it felt relaxing..."

Kaylee laughed.

Kia pulled away and stared at Kaylee. "You know, Kaylee you'd the make the most beautiful mother out of all of us. You'd be so beautiful pregnant...looking at you now and picturing you that way...wow..."

Kaylee blushed... "Brandon keeps saying the same thing ever since he found out you were pregnant, he's got this longing in his eyes. He's mad that I didn't have children before you. Something about wanting his kids to be older than yours..."

"Oh my god, so his kids can boss mine around no doubt!" Kia rolled her eyes. "He is soo petty and annoying, but I agree with you about not wanting to have kids with him right now. He's living a dangerous life and he can't even see it..."

"Exactly, I am not going to raise my kids in the life he's living.... I don't want my kids growing up thinking it's okay to be in the mafia. I can put up with it until he comes to his senses, but it will be unfair to bring a child in this. He thinks he has everything under control and I shouldn't worry, but I do worry. He's arrogant enough to think he's invincible, that he's too smart, too strong, too powerful to ever truly get hurt, but he's still just a man a bullet can kill and a knife can stab...he can still die and the moron doesn't see it."

"All that power has gone to his head," Kia told her. "The twins are the same way, they think just because they're billionaires they're invincible. We are living with some very delusional men..." Kia sighed.

Kaylee nodded. "But we can't help but love them...for all their craziness, they are really good to us...and it's so rare to find such powerful men who's not afraid to wear their hearts on their sleeves. Most men would see that as a sign of weakness, but it isn't, it's what a real man would do."

"What do you know what "real" men do?" Kanna suddenly popped up on the bed beside them. "Are we having another girl's night? I had so much fun last night...you two stayed up watching movies and fell asleep together like cute little sisters...I took pictures!" Kanna suddenly displayed the pictures of them in mid-air. "So adorable, your hubbies will love them!"