Chapter 9. Ike's Punishment

Ike stood in the main living room waiting for Kaylee to come down from her floor so he could present himself to his new mistress. The mafia men had left him alone with a threat that he was under constant surveillance. He looked around for the cameras but couldn't find them. They must have hidden them very well. He was nervous as hell and kept fidgeting with the new clothes given to him and running his fingers through his hair. He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. It had been a very long time since he had a bath and fresh new clothes. He wasn't used to feeling...clean.

He could not believe he was in The Don's house. He knew his way of life would get him into serious trouble one day, but this was unimaginable. After getting knocked around a few times and threatened, the group of men who worked for the Don had brought him here. These people were supposed to be the most dangerous men in the city, ruthless, violent...he'd heard The Don had killed a man with his bare hands the same day they'd captured him. He was certain he was next... so why...was he still alive and suddenly living in his home?

He stiffened when he heard someone running down the steps. The beautiful woman whom he was supposed to serve nearly ran into him. She stopped and stared at him in surprised.

"Oh...wait...umm...." She was completely caught off guard. "You're Ike, right? I didn't think you'd start so soon. I mean it's so early in the morning...I'm an early riser, most of the time.

Ike bowed to her. "I am your humble servant, mistress, please use me to do whatever you need around the mansion."

Kaylee couldn't help but feel a little flattered by his manners.

Brandon suddenly appeared between them scaring the living daylights out of both. Ike screamed and hid behind the couch.

"You little coward. Get your ass back over here," Brandon yelled in surly tone.

Kaylee stuck her finger through him. "Great, you're doing that hologram thing. Did the twins set you up with this?"

Brandon crossed his arms and grinned. "I love it, I need to be able to keep an eye on Ike, make sure he doesn't give you any trouble." He looked Kaylee suspiciously. "Why were you running down the steps so fast? Where were you going?"

"I was going to meet Kia for breakfast at our favorite restaurant."

"We discussed this Kaylee. You're on house rest for a week."

"House rest or house arrest, which is it Brandon!"

"You're still hurt, Kaylee, and taking medication. What is wrong with you woman? Don't you know how to just sit still and be pampered at home. I gave him to you for a reason. Use him!" He turned to Ike who had been poking at his hologram for a quite a while before trying to karate chop and kick him while his back was turned.

"Just wait until I get home, you little bastard, then we'll see how good you are at fighting!" Brandon threated him.

Ike's face turned completely red at getting caught. He turned to Kaylee for help.

"Don't even think about hiding behind her. Kaylee, use him as much as possible to help you around the house. Remember, I'll be watching both of you." Brandon disappeared.

"There's no way he can watch us all day long," Kaylee said crossing her arms. "He does have work to do after all."

"Oh, but I can, I got nothing but time on my hands," Kanna appeared between them causing Ike to scream again out fright.

"Kanna, why are you in my home?" Kaylee asked suspiciously.

"I have to be in order for Brandon to keep an eye on you. I was given permission from the twins and your man to monitor you at all times, now that you have a new family member." She turned to Ike. "Hello, I am Kanna, the most advance computer you've ever seen. I am the future of society, the future of the world, bow down before me and praise my name!"