Chapter 1: The Strange Girl

The ninja were lining up with Garmadon to get on the boat to go to Chen's Island when Kai spotted a read headed girl ahead of them in line. Skylor. He can't help but feel she looks familiar, but he can't put his finger on it. Where did he know her from?

Garmadon noticed Kai's gaze and got a little worried. It would be bad if Kai remembered his past now of all times. He quickly drew Kai's attention away from his twin by reprimanding the ninja about how foolish it was of them to come here alone.

When they get to the boat, Clouse tries to keep Garmadon off. "Sorry, but there isn't any room." Clouse said and Garmadon just smirked before knocking a henchman overboard while jumping on the ferry. "How about now?" Garmadon asked smugly. "I believe I was mistaken." Clouse admitted before walking away.

Garmadon explained to the ninja where their inherited powers came from and about the powers of the other people on the boat, but he purposely lied about not recognizing Skylor. He hopped to keep Kai away from the girl.

Kai, however, could not stand aside when he saw Karloff trying to bully her out of her coat. "Hey, leave the girl alone. You should have thought about the weather before coming if you're so cold." Kai said as he walked over.

To this, Karloff started on him and the two wound up in a fight. Kai was confident he could take him until Karloff showed off his metal powers. This made Kai hesitate, seeing as a physical element like metal wasn't a good match up for his fire, but stood firm. The girl didn't deserve to be treated like that and Kai felt strangely protective over her.

The two fought as Garmadon held the other ninja back, but Lloyd kept begging his dad to let him fight. He really wanted to jump in with Kai.

Clouse was able to stop the fight however and Karloff walked away while Kai walked over to Skylor. "Hey, um... How are you doing? That guy was a real piece of work." Kai said and she glanced at him before smiling. "I'm fine, thank you, and it's amazing to see you again!" She said and he grew confused as Garmadon's face went pale.

"Wait, you know her?" Cole asked while walking over. "Where do you know Kai from?" Lloyd asked as he walked over and stood at Kai's side. "Kai? But... So you're not Skielar?" She asked as Garmadon gulped. "Who's Skielar?" Jay asked as he walked over as well. "My twin... He... Well, Kai here is the spitting image of him." Skylor said and Kai chuckled. "Yeah, sorry. I only have one sister and that's my baby sister, Nya." He said and she nodded while Garmadon breathed a sigh of relief. At least things were safe for now.

"Sorry, but I'm still grateful. My name is Skylor by the way." Skylor said and Kai smiled with a nod. "It's nice to meet you Skylor." He said, mentally noting that her name was familiar. Hell, he'd already been about to call her that. How did he already know her name?

Kai then asked about Skielar and was shocked to learn she hadn't seen her own twin in so long. "Well, I hope you see him again." Kai said and She nodded. "Thank you." She said with a greatful smile and he nodded.

Meanwhile, in the dungeons on Chen's island, Zane was chained up in a cell.

~&~

A//N:
Sorry it's short, but it is accompanied by the prologue for this update so meh.