Part 1

Chapter: 1

It's 2 weeks before graduation and I can't wait to move to NYC and go to the University of New York. And I can't wait for New York fashion week!!!!!!!!! I'm finally old enough to audition for the Victoria's secret (Pink fashion show). I can see it now. "Mari!!" I suddenly hear and it knocks me out of my daydream. It's none other than my boy best friend Andre. Our moms met in high school and have been best friends ever since. His mom and my mom committed that they will help each other raise us. His mom ( Aunt Alex) Is the one that is all about chasing your dreams, and my mom ,Tina, is all about getting an education. When I told my mom that I wanted to model she was like " You know modelling is not a steady job right?" Of course,I know that. My mom is a nurse and modelling is just going to be my side hustle during school unless I'm that good. But my Aunt Alex on the other hand was thrilled when I said I wanted to be a model when I was 14. She was like "I knew you are way too pretty just to waste it !!! I'm going to sign you up for a modelling agency right now!!" I was beaming. I remember like it was yesterday. Suddenly " HELLOOO!!!! Is anyone home !!" Andre says, waving his hand in front of my face. "Stop that !!!!!" I say as I swat his hand away. "I can't wait till we get to go off to college ." He says as he puts his arm around my shoulder.