Part 1: first glance

(Aurora's current outfit)

Aurora's POV:

Dear diary
Ever since the crash everything has been different my aunt Jenna took custody of me my sister Elena, and my brother Jeremy. As a coping mechanism Jeremy resorted to drugs and Elena shut herself out. It just became the new normal Elena barely speaking to us and Jeremy always sneaking off and getting high. But, everything changed for better or for worst when Elena met Stefan. I found out that vampires, werewolves and witches are real. My best friend Bonnie is a witch and my other best friend Caroline's a vampire and my sister is a doppelgänger. A few weeks ago klaus mikaelson the original bastard killed my aunt Jenna in cold blood and compelled Stefan to leave with him. But now their back and with them klaus's family. They've been back for a few days now and not caused much trouble YET.

Tonight they are hosting a ball at their new home and I am being forced to attend by my bestie Little miss blondie (Caroline). As she refuses to go without me because she doesn't want to be left alone tonight for klaus has developed a slight obsession with her and she seems to believe that if she's not alone he won't approach her.

However I think differently as I doubt the presence of someone such as myself will scare him off.

I must admit that after everything that's happened in the last year I have been feeling a little lost. I thought I had everything figured out but then I just get thrown into the world of the supernatural and everything is turned upside down and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

"AURORA COME DOWN CAROLINE AND BONNIE ARE HERE IT'S TIME TO GO" my sister Elena shouted from downstairs. I had almost forgotten that me Elena, Bonnie and Caroline had made plans to go to the grill for lunch.

I put my diary down and placed it on my bedside table and quickly tied my hair back in a high ponytail, with a black scrunchy and ran down stairs. "Finally it took you long enough,"
Caroline sassed with a smile. I laughed at her comment and said " well I'm ready to go now so come on."
(At the grill)

We chatted for about thirty minutes about how we're dreading school restarting all the drama with the originals and klaus and Caroline's relationship as we waited for the food to be ready

We chatted for about thirty minutes about how we're dreading school restarting all the drama with the originals and klaus and Caroline's relationship as we waited for the food to be ready. After about 5 minutes our food arrived We all had ordered one big pepperoni pizza to share and tucked in.

After we finished we all ordered a beer and I heard the bell on the door ringing so I looked over my shoulder to see who it was. Only to instantly regret when our gazes met and I realised that it was the infamous Kol mikaelson.

Our glances held for a few more moments until I looked away and listened back in on Caroline's speech about her master plan to avoid klaus.

However, my thoughts drifted off to Kol this man practically screamed bad boy and even though he is a complete maniac I had to admit he was kinda hot...

(Kol's POV)

When I entered the grill my eyes immediately drifted off to this beautiful young girl who looked about 17. Her piercing emerald green eyes staring into my soul, her silky light brown hair dangling in a ponytail exposing her beautifully shaped face.

This women was the definition of beauty. When she turned her head back around to face her friends it was like I'd just been awoken from a trance. I don't know what it is about her but something inside of me needed to know her.

I walked over to the bar and ordered a bourbon. As I used my vampire hearing to listen in on her conversation feeling the need to hear what her voice sounded like. "Klaus is driving me insane he won't leave me alone, it's so creepy. He literally bought me a dress and a necklace and shoes for tonight's ball like I can't dress myself." The perky blond complained about my narcissistic brother .

"Well can you, you know can you dress yourself I mean like have you got anything-else to wear tonight?" The black haired girl questioned based on her looks I assumed this to be the Bennet witch. "no" the blond mumbled in a frustrated tone. The brown haired beauty I had been staring at laughed. Her laugh was like an angelic melody.

It occurred to me that if her friends where going to be their so might this mystery girl.
The thought of seeing her again made me smile. However, it is time for me to go for if I am late to decorating for this ball becks will rip my head off.

Until we meet again mystery girl. And with that I left winking and throwing a devilish grin at the girl.

(Aurora's POV)

As I was talking with the girls laughing at Caroline's complaints about klaus I noticed Kol get up to leave. As he did he looked my way with a mischievous grin and winked at me and then exited through the door. I don't know why but I felt butterflies in my stomach. I smiled as he left.

Caroline noticed kol's gesture and gave me a questioning look... " what was that all about?" Caroline mocked "what was what about" I asked ! "That thing with Kol." "What do you mean?" I replied. " The longing looks exchanged and the little wink he just gave you!" She teased.

"There where no longing looks," I spoke. "mmhhhmm"Caroline replied sarcastically. "Caroline it's the first time I've ever seen him there is nothing going on." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Good" Elena stated! " Him and his family are bad news it's best we keep our distance," Elena said with concern in her voice. "I agree with Elena there dangerous we should stay away," Bonnie agreed! "Noted no sneaking around with evil blood suckers," I joked with a smile.

However I'd be lying if I said that there wasn't a part of me which felt drawn to him.

Sorry it's a short chapter it's my first book but I'm going to try and make the chapters longer xxx