Men Are Assholes

I just realized I was making eye contact with him. I've never seen him before, he must be new. NO I LOOK HOMELESS! IS THIS GOING TO BE MY FIRST IMPRESSION?! It's okay Meadow, calm down. I'm calm, I'm calm. "Is there something you need?", the boy said. "No, I'm fine." I ran out of the classroom. God i'm so stupid. Now I have gym. Wait... I have an idea. We are required to wear gym shorts so maybe I can impress the new guy. I changed into the shorts and walked out and some of the other guys were staring at me. He was staring at me. We were playing tennis. I played with Valerie. Everything was going okay until I tripped over the new guy's shoes. He helped me up. "I've been seeing you around a lot, what's your name?" "Meadow" "I'm Leonardo but you can call me Leo. Pretty name." "N-Nice to meet you! Thank you!" I ran over to Valerie. "DO YOU SEE THAT NEW GUY?!", Valerie said. "Yeah." i said. Why did I say that. Why do I not want her to know. Am i jealous?
I saw her go up to him and talk. He seemed bored. Valerie came back over, "HES COMING TO THE HANGOUT WITH US TODAY I THINK HE LIKES ME!" I saw him staring at me and had a slight smile. I felt so bad for her, she was so happy. Men are assholes. "Val, i'm so happy for you!" i said knowing he wasn't going for her. He was going for me.