Chapter 1

-Let's all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highrock for a clanmeeting! Snowstar shouted. He waited to speak until every cat in the clan was gathered below the Highrock. Some of the cats came from the medicine cat den. Many of them had at least a few scars on their bodies.

Leafkit called to her cousin, Willowkit, and walked slowly to the Highrock.

-We lost the fight against Shadowclan and we lost Brightflame and Poppyheart, Snowstar meowed with sadness in his voice.

Brightflame was the mother of Willowkit. Willowkit was only two moons old and still needed someone to look after her.

Poppyheart had been Leafkit's mother.

-We will remember them both as great warriors, mumbled Snowstar.

Leafkit felt Willowkit pressing her tiny head in Leafkit's fur when Snowstar talked about Brightflame. Although Willowkit was only two moons old, she was a very clever kit.

-She is in Starclan now, Leafkit whispered to Willowkit.

-But i don't want her to be in Starclan! mumbled Willowkit back. Her eyes were filled with grief.

-Brightflame will watch every pawstep you take, Leafkit whispered.

-Clan dismissed! Snowstar shouted and jumped down from the Highrock.

-Come! It's time to go back to the nursery, Leafkit meowed and picked up Willowkit.

In the nursery it smelled of milk and Ashfeather was asleep with her kits near her belly.

-I'll go get some food for us, Leafkit meowed and left Willowkit alone in the nursery.

The freshkill pile was big and full of newly killed prey. Leafkit picked a mouse for her to share with Willowkit.

-Hi Leafkit, meowed a voice behind her. It was Hawkfeather, the Thunderclan medicine cat.

-Hi Hawkfeather, Leafkit meowed with her mouth full of fur. She laid down the mouse on the ground.

-How are Willowkit? the medicine cat asked.

-She is still shocked and she is grieving a lot, but she is going to accept the will of Starclan soon, Leafkit answered.

-It's soon time for you to be an apprentice, who do you think you will get as a mentor? Hawkfeather meowed and sat down.

-I don't care about who I get as a mentor, all I want is to make Willowkit happy again, Leafkit answered, picked up the mouse and walked away.

She felt Hawkfeather's amber eyes following her until she came to the nursery.

Willowkit laid in one of the corners of the nursery with her tail under herself.

-Are you awake? Leafkit whispered to her cousin.

Willowkit mumbled something as an answer and sat up.

-Here, we can share this mouse, Leafkit meowed as she laid down the mouse in front of Willowkit.

-I don't want to eat that mouse. I want Brightflame's milk! the little kit meowed and glared at Leafkit.

Leafkit sighted and began to eat the mouse. When she had eaten half of the mouse Willowkit still glared at Leafkit.

-Stop glare at me or you wont get any food today, Leafkit hissed.

Willowkit's eyes fell on the mouse that laid in front of her.

-Take a bite, Leafkit meowed and pushed the mouse closer to Willowkit. Willowkit glared at the mouse for a second and took a small bite, then she took a bigger bite. After a few minutes Willowkit had eaten the rest of the mouse.

The sun was almost gone and it was quilet outside the nursery.

Leafkit missed the time when she laid in the nursery with her mother beside her. Poppyheart had told her stories about Lionclan, Tigerclan and Leopardclan.

-Time to sleep now Willowkit, Leafkit meowed as she laid down.

Willowkit laid down beside her without protest.

-Night, the little gray kit meowed.

-Good night Willowkit, Leafkit meowed.

It didn't take long until Leafkit felt Willowkit's breathing slow down.

Although Leafkit was very tired she couldn't fall asleep.

She was thinking about her apprentice time. When she was an apprentice Willowkit would be alone in the nursery without any family.

Please Starclan let Willowkit find a friend soon, Leafkit wished and fell asleep.

Yes, I dont have an epilouge to this story

/Leaflily