𝟐𝟎 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕

゚+*:ꔫ:* 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 . . . ༉‧
❪ 🎡🔮❫┊❛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 ❜
☒☒☒☒

          JORDAN NEVER CAME home that Friday night after my run-in with him at the bar

I'd tried staying up so that I could talk to him since I'd finally grown the balls to own up to the jealousy I'd felt when I saw him with Amanda. Eventually, I'd grown tired of waiting and allowing my thoughts to drift towards Alek– thoughts that brought tears to my eyes since I knew I was gonna miss him and everything we'd had together.

I ended up taking melatonin and passing out.

The next day marked less than a week left until Christmas. After finishing a bit of homework, I decided to tag along with Dakota to do some last minute gift shopping.

"You do this every year?" I asked her as we made our way into the mall through the crowded Macy's. "Exchange gifts with your brother and dad?"

"Every year." Dakota nodded with a proud smile. "It's cute since both of them never show affection in traditional ways, but it totally shows on Christmas 'cause I always get something I really want even if it's small. It shows that they do care and pay attention to me, you know?"

"That does sound cute." I pouted while imagining Jordan at the mall, trying to pick out the perfect gift for his sister.

"Things might be different this year though." A sudden glum mood spawned from Dakota. "With my dad seeing Tracy and him wanting us to spend Christmas with her family."

"But you'll still have Christmas morning with him and Jordan."

"I guess, so." She sighed. "I'm sorry– I shouldn't be making this into as a big of a deal as I am when you—" She stopped herself short and looked at me with guilt-ridden features.

"Don't worry about me." I brushed off. "I'm used to not having a normal Christmas, but I'm just glad I get to experience something like it while I'm here with you."

"I'm glad too." Dakota smiled. "You're gonna love your gifts." She added with a smirk.

"Gifts?" I frowned. "Plural?"

"Yeah! Jordan got you a gift too! You're practically part of the family now."

"I've only lived with you guys for two weeks." I pointed out with embarrassment.

"Wait, Zoë, what's wrong?"

"I just . . . only bought a gift for you and a white elephant present for Jack's party . . . I didn't get anything for Jordan." I admitted timidly. "I guess I'm gonna be doing some shopping today too except I have absolutely no fucking idea what to get him."