Chapter 8 - Training with Miyagi-Do

You and Robby were at Daniels house talking to Sam. "So, you must be the daughter he talks about all the time" Robby chuckles. "I would hope so, I'm Samantha." she smiled "Robby" He responded. You stood there in silence as they started at each other. "Oh, look at this. My current students and my former student." Daniel smiled while walking out with a duffel bag on his shoulder. "You know, if you wanna join us Sam, there's still time." Daniel said. "Actually I'm going to the mall with Mom an Grandma." the brunette said then smiled "Oh okay. Well text me if there is any bloodshed." Daniel joked. They smiled. "And, good luck with the tree you two." Sam looked between us and chuckled. "Robby, Y/N". Daniel said. You guys turned around "Tree uh, what tree? Where are we going?" you asked. "You'll see" Daniel said and tapped Robbys shoulder. You guys walked away from Sam to the car.

You guys arrived in the woods. "You hear that.. hmm? You hear that? I want you guys to just close your eyes and just listen." You and Robby closed you eyes and listened closely. "What do you hear?" Daniel said. "Um.. nothing." You said opening your eyes. "Exactly. No phone calls, no Internet and no family arguments. Just you and Mother Nature." He said and happily sighed. You and Robby looked around at the beautiful scenery. "Thats why were here, This.." Daniel said while looking around. "This is what Miyagi-Do Karate is all about." You and Robby grinned. "Come on." Daniel said. You guys followed him.

You guys practiced all day in the woods. "Okay, like I told you guys. Make a strong front stance." Daniel said reminding you. "When you throw, you're gonna twist, your hips snap the punch. All the power right here, in this one inch okay?" Daniel said pointing to his fist. "You guys got it." You both nodded. "Haits!" He yelled. You punched Daniels chest "Hyah!" you yelled back. You and Robby both took turns doing this. You guys practiced balance and the Miyagi-Do Karate movements on a big rock and on dock by the water.

You guys were walking in the woods. "Wow, I feel like I'm Jackie Chan." You said chuckled. "I've got to admit. You're both more of a natural than I was. But don't get too cocky there's always another lesson to be learned." Daniel said while brushing away a tree branch. "Is that a Mr. Miyagi saying?" I asked. "Nah, I just made that one up on the fly. Not too bad, right?" He said looking back at you. You and Robby both smiled and continued walking. "So we going home?" Robby asked "You wish. Training ain't over yet" Daniel chuckled.

"You both know the moves but none of that matters if you don't have balance." He said. "But I balance on my skateboard everyday." Robby said. "I didn't mean balancing your body. I mean balancing your life." Daniel butted in. I looked embarrassed and Robby looked confused. "Look, Y/N... I know its hard growing up without a dad, believe me. Mine died young, so I know." You looked down at your feet. "But when those bad feelings all way you down, you gotta... you gotta search inside for the good stuff, you know, and just..." He moved his hands to be even slowly to represent balance. "Because then you can find some balance in your life. You understand? It's not easy but you'll do it." Daniel said. You felt guilty for training with the Cobras while he was away.

"Daniel, I have to tell you something." You said just above a whisper. "Sure, what is it? He asked. You were gonna tell him about training with Johnny and how you actually liked it. "Thanks for teaching me." You said instead with a soft smile. "Yeah, thanks it's been an honor" Robby said and smiled. Daniel smiled "No, don't thank me yet. You're both about to hate me. Shed your duffel bags, and get up on this tree right here." He said pointing to a big tree next to us. You both did as he said. "Come on!" He shouted. Robby helped you up then got up himself. "Alright now find your balance." Daniel said while looking up at you both.

"Alright show me what we learned today. Start with a front kick." Daniel said. You and Robby both did the front kick easily. "Not bad, try a round kick." He said. You both got into position. You both did the kick effortlessly. "Is this supposed to be hard?" You said. "All right, hotshot." Daniel chuckled. "Show me a hook kick" He said. You both got into position for the kick. Robby tried and fell into the leaves, you tried and almost got it, but then you fell on top of Robby. You both groaned. "There it is." Daniel said looking down at you.

"You guys alright?" He asked. "Yeah." You both said "Well what do we do know." You asked, looking at Robby then at Daniel. "You get up and try again. Let me know when you can do all the kicks with out falling." He said nonchalant and started to walk away. "Where are you going?" Robby asked. "The Devils are playing the Islanders on the East Coast, I'm gonna move to a spot with better service" Daniel said. "What happened to no distractions?" You said annoyed and confused. "Hockey doesn't count." He shouted back. You and Robby rolled your eyes

You and Robby practiced the kicks over and over again until you didn't fall. So you kept doing the kicks until you were positive you couldn't fall. You felt accomplished and out of breath. You put your head on Robbys shoulder "We did it." You said as you looked up at him "We did." He said kissing your forehead. You guys got off the tree with your fingers interlocked and looked for Daniel. You found him on a rock doing a handstand with his eyes closed, he slowly transitioned into a one-handed handstand. "Mr. LaRusso?" Robby asked letting go of your hand. "Huh?" He said confused and opened his eyes. He lost his balance and fell. You and Robby dropped your bags and ran over to him.

"I almost did it, almost." He said sitting up. "What were you doing?" I said looking up at him. "One of the last things Mr. Miyagi ever taught me. The most powerful kick in Miyagi-Do karate." He said catching his breath. "How do you do it?" Robby asked intrigued. "I wish I could show you." He sighed. "Only Mr. Miyagi could do it. You have to balance your whole body on one hand, which frees up two legs for the kick. I almost did it once when I was in my 20s, so the fact that I got this close today, pretty damn awesome" He said and smiled. "How did y'all do on the tree?" He questioned. "We did all the moves without falling." You said and smiled. "Good, Now that you both have mastered that, y'all are ready for the next challenge. "What's that?" I asked excited. "Finding the car." He said jumping down from the rock. "This place is like a maze." He said and started walking away. Me and Robby chuckled.

Me, Robby and Daniel came home to Mrs. LaRusso and Daniels mom cooking together. Then Sam walked in. "You owe me, big time." She said and smiled. "Wait. How did you do it? Hey. You know what I don't even care. Im hungry." Daniel said surprised and looked over to you and Robby "Hey, are y'all hungry? Wanna stay for dinner?" He asked. "Uh, sure" Robby stuttered. "Yeah, thanks." I said "Hey, Ma, where's Louie?" Daniel looked at her and asked. "He said he couldn't make it tonight." She responded. "Keeps getting better" Daniel said and took a sip of some wine.

Miguel POV

I hadn't seen Y/N or Sam in a while so I decided to go to Sams house to see her. I practiced what I was going to say to Sams dad when I saw him. "Hi Mr. LaRusso, I'm Miguel, I'm..." I took a breath. "Hi, Mr. LaRusso I'm Miguel and I'm... Sams boyfriend." I sighed and heard laughing I turned around and started walking toward the laughing. I saw Sam talking to Y/N and Robby about something they did today. They looked so happy. I turned around and went home angry.

A/N: heyyy! sorry i haven't been posting, i dont really have an excuse so im not gonna try and make one im sorry and its my mistake, im gonna try to get another one out today if not today definitely tomorrow! i made this one extra long for you guys! anyways shoutout to ForkThem for inspiring me to make this. i literally love u all so much and thanks for all the reads please stay safe wear a mask wash your hand and eat and drink :)