2• Don't Lie To Me

Chapter 2 - Don't Lie To Me

*POV ~ LUNA*

My mind was going a mile a minute. Images of that day raced through brain and the pain from my thigh wasn't helping either. How is he alive?

'After the maze I got picked up by a group heading for the city. They realised I was immune, patched me up and brought me here to Lawrence. This group's been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city. But WICKED can't hide behind those walls forever, day's gonna come and they're gonna pay for what they've done.' Gally told us as he guided us through the big building.

'Listen uh, he doesn't get many visitors so let me do the talking alright? And try not to stare.' Eyebrow boy informed us as he carried on showing us the way.

Me and my friend's couldn't help but look at each other with a cautious expression as we all internally debated whether we should trust the old glader or not.

We made it to a dimly lit room with dead plants near a window and quiet music playing in the background. My eyes met a hunched figure who was messing with the delicate flowers before he acknowledged he had company.

'Gally. Glad to see you made it back, Jasper told me what happened.' The man's voice sounded like he had the flu or a cold.

'It was a slaughter, there was nothing we could do against those guns.' The boy admitted.

'No, but they can only poke the hornets nest for so long before the get stung.' The unfamiliar person who I think was Lawrence said in an eerie tone before he lifted up a red flower to his face.

'Now who are these people, why are they here?'

'We need to get into WICKED, Gally said you know a way.' Thomas just can't keep his mouth shut for one minute. I swear I'm going to turn into the other-mother and sew his lips together.

'Well Gally should know better then to make promises that he can't keep.' The man who was attached to an IV thing stated as he used a walking stick to inch closer to us.

'Besides getting through the walls is only half your problem, getting past WICKED is impossible.'

'There might be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas or Luna.' Isn't that fan-fucking-tastic.

'Is that so?' It was at this moment that I saw the mysterious man's face and I had to hold in a gasp when I glanced at his hole for a nose.

'You're the pretty girl everyone talks about. The one WICKED wants, isn't that right?' He stated as he stared into my hazel eyes. I felt Newt's hand tighten against mine.

'I could have a twin.' I sarcastically smiled which earned me a scoff.

'Do you know what I am? I'm a business man.' Lawrence whispered between me and the brunette.