The Tour Begins

When Lime sees the ticket, he jumps out of bed and dances with joy. He offers to accompany Harris on the tour, but he explains how he was offered money for the ticket and intends to sell it. Yarny reminds Harris that money is far more common than the tickets and convinces the Golden Hamster Pup to keep it. The visitors find Willy the Weasel to be peculiar, lonely and acting odd at the mention of "parents". The tour shows how fantastical the Candy Factory was operates under the efforts of the short Ring-Tailed Lemurs called Oompa-Lemmurs.

As Harris seems to enjoy the tour alogn with Leafie, the other four Sidekick Crew Members succumb to temptation and end up being caught in the factory workings and have to be safely recovered by the Oompa-Lemmurs, albeit in worse shape than at the start of the tour: Pouncer Little Striperton falls into a river of dark chocolate while catching some gummy gooey fishes and has been sucked up by a pipe before being rescued from the Fudge Processing Center; Nash Cuddlesworth expands into an oversized blueberry when she tries an experimental piece of chewing gum despite Willy's warnings; Dawn Ferris is thrown away as a "bad nut" by the trained squirrels; and Chet Colley is shrunk down after being the first person transported by Willy's new television advertising invention. The four leave the factory revealing their deformities; a dark chocolate-covered Poucner, a much more like an flexable acrobatic, but still blue Nash, a garbage-covered Dawn and Orange and a taller and paper-thin Chet who was seen overstretched with the "taffy puller".

During the tour where the flashbacks reveal Willy's troubled animal childhood; his strict father, Wallie, a prominent dentist, forbade Wonka from candy consumption of any type or quantity and fitted him torture device-like braces affixed to his teeth. But once Willy managed to sneak a taste, he became hooked to his wish to become a confectioner against his father's wishes, eventually left from his home to follow and live his dream. He then returned several days later to find his father and home before it were completely gone.