Beautiful Disaster (On Hold)

I stood in front of the mirror absolutely frustrated with what looked back at me. Plain brown eyes, imperfect facial features, short body; not at all appealing to any guy. The only thing I would never change of myself is my hair. My hair is wavy but going into curly. Even in its most messy state, it still looks great. But, seriously, having nice hair isn't all you need to attract guys.

I took a glance at my phone to check the time.

"Crap..." I muttered. "It's already 5 and I still haven't recorded yet." After the small realisation, I power walked to my desk and pressed record on the camera.

"Hey guys! So this is a song originally sung by Natalie Imbruglia but was actually covered by One Direction on the X Factor. Here I go. Hope you like it!" I said into the video camera. Yeah it looks like I'm talking to myself but whatever.

I started strumming my guitar and singing every note of Torn just like I practiced. No, I'm not YouTube famous or anything of that sort. I barely have more than 100 views and there's a big possibility that more than half of those are from my friends. It's not that I'm a bad singer, because I'm really not. No I'm not being arrogant but I'm not going to deny the fact that I have a pretty good voice. Anyway... Not all people get lucky in YouTube and I'm just one of those unlucky ones. But I'm happy with the small amount of views I have.

I sang the last few notes of the song and said "Ok see you guys next week! Bye!" I waved 2 of my fingers on the side of my face and hit the stop button on my new Cannon camera that I had decided to call Consuelo.

"Here we go..." I muttered as I connected my camera to my fairly old laptop and opened the video.

After saving the video to my laptop I logged into YouTube and uploaded my new cover. I'm not gonna lie... I refreshed YouTube a couple hundred times hoping to see at least a comment but as usual there wasn't even a single view.

After hours of just staring at the computer I grabbed my phone and dialled my best friends in a 5 way call. This had turned into a Saturday afternoon tradition. Every single Saturday went by just the same as the other. I uploaded my video, I refreshed YouTube, and I called my friend. It wasn't a surprise that the phone didn't ring more than two times before I could hear my friends' voices on the other end.

"Hey gurl!" I heard Amanda Brown say, her greeting remaining unchanged.

"Sup?" Natalie Carter said not long after.

"Lyriiicccc." Cameron Mitchell said almost disrupting my eardrums.

"Hi!" Tatiana Baker greeted shortly.

"Wait! There's someone missing in the call." Cam said.

"Kait!!! Get your butt up here!" I yell at my sister.

Not long after, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"I'm here!" she said as she came in through the door.

"The videos up." I simply stated.

They all mutter something along the lines of "I saw it!" or "I know".

"So what did you think?"

"I still think your Magic cover was the best." Mandy said

"Yeah, that's because you were in it!" I retorted.

"True..." she muttered.

"I liked it but not as much as the They don't know about us one." Anna said.

"I liked Let me love you." Natalie said.

"Nah! Isn't she lovely was by far the best." My sister stated.

You probably see the relation between all these songs. All in a way related to One Direction. If you don't like them, don't bother reading this because my life involves a lot of One Direction.

"Thank you, Cameron!" I responded.

"Which are you going to cover next?" Natalie inquired.

"I don't know... I was thinking "I want" maybe..." I pondered upon the thought.

"We all love One Direction, but... Please, don't cover another song of theirs." Anna begged.

"Fine fine! I won't... Now that I don't have a song... All of you grab your laptops and start looking for song ideas. Choosing a song is not easy, you know. That's kind of the reason why I choose it a week before hand. Now start looking!" I ordered.

They chorused some 'ok's and 'it's on' and I heard them click away on their laptops.

"Hmm... How about "Bottom of the River" by delta rae?" Asked Mandy.

"Already covered that..." I mumbled.

"Right..." she responded.

"Haven't met you yet. Michael Buble." Cameron suggested.

"Covered it about a year ago." I replied.

"Fall for you by Second-hand Serenade." Anna recommended.

"That was the first song I covered!" I growled in frustration.

"If I ain't got you. Alicia keys." Cameron advocated.

"Four weeks ago." I stated.

"Thinking 'bout you. Frank Ocean." Kaitlin recommended.

"2 months ago." I said with an uninterested voice.

"Daddy's little girl. Frankie J." Mandy advocated.

"Second week."

"I'm not a vampire by Falling in Reverse." Cameron suggested.

"PERFECT! FINALLY! THAT'S THE ONE!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. "Thank you, Natalie for your incredible help." I said sarcastically.

"Oh... My... God!" she whispered.

"What?" Kaitlin asked.

"Omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod!!!" Natalie bellowed.

"What, Nat? What?" I said. I bit of annoyance intertwined with my words.

"Go on your channel like right now, bitch!" she yelled.

"Why?" I questioned?

"Don't ask no questions! Just go!" she commanded.

"Ok, ok. Give me a sec." I murmured.

I clicked on my channel and there it was. About 156 inboxes. All from the same person but all very appreciated. How hadn't I notice this? It seemed that this viewer had been watching my videos all day long. I don't even care. I finally have comments on my videos.

Little did I know that simplylive_379 would change my life forever.