Chapter 1

I know what you're all thinking. I'm a lazy updater. Well its not true... i just didn't have may ideas for this chapter. Anyway... this is a pretty uneventful chapter but I promise the next one will be better! 

Here you guys gooooo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lyric! Kaitlin! Dinners ready!” I heard my mom, call out from down stairs.

“In a minute!” Kaitlin responded.

“Alright, guys! Gotta go. You guys coming over tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yeah.” They chorused.

“Are all of you staying over?” I enquired.

They muttered some ‘mh-hm’s and ‘yeah’s.

“Kay! Well, see you tomorrow.” Kaitlin said and I hung up.

            I just noticed that I haven’t yet formally introduced myself.  My Name is Lyric Jay Reed. I have lived with my mother, Melody Reed; step-father, Alexander Reed; and step-sister, Kaitlin Reed since I was 2. I am currently 16 but turning 17 in less than a month. As a matter of fact, Kaitlin and I both are. It was pure coincidence that we were born on the same day. But it’s a good one. We are really close. After all, she’s my best friend.

I am and forever will be a high school out cast and I have absolutely no problem with that. I only have 5 friends and that’s all I need. I spend most of my days in twitter, tumblr, and YouTube. I make YouTube videos, but you already know that. I’m about 4’11-5. Yeah… I know I’m really short. I have wavy-curly-ish hair, which I love. My brown eyes are nothing interesting. Just brown, nothing else. My skin is slightly tan.

Ok, but enough about me.

Unlike me, Kai is beautiful. Beyond words, really. She has deep blue eyes that any guy would go crazy for. Her nose is small and button-like. She has perfect skin and slightly rosy cheeks. Her wavy hair is silky soft. Models would envy her body and ask for her secret when she really doesn't have to do anything to stay fit. Of course, she's the one that gets all the guys and I'm here just sitting around waiting for my 143 owls to arrive to keep me company while I slowly die.

But really... Being 17 and still single is kind of depressing. I've never had a boyfriend, I've never kissed a guy, and I've never had a guy like me. Guys have tried to use me to get with my sister, but I’m not that dumb. Though I say it doesn’t bother me, I can only take enough of this. I’m not saying I’m going all rebellious now and start a slut phase or something to get guys attention. I’m just going to stop caring. I’m just going to stop fantasizing about love and pretend it doesn’t exist. They say this works, right?

“Lyric, honey? Why aren’t you eating?” my mother’s warm motherly brown eyes looked worried.

“Oh, nothing… I was just thinking.” I answered truthfully.

“About what?” she questioned.

“Oh… The One Direction concert is next year in Tinley Park on July 13 and 14… I was wondering if you guys could get me and Kai some tickets.”  Ok so maybe it wasn’t what I was thinking but it was true.

“Honey, I already told you… We can’t afford those tickets! They’re over $300.”  My stepdad explained.

“But dad, come on! We’ve been waiting since 2011.” Kaitlin whined.

“I know, sweetheart, but we just don’t have the money at the moment. I’m really sorry. You girls know I try to give you everything you want when the money is available but they’ve cut wages at work and your mom’s business isn’t going as planned. So at the moment we can’t buy you tickets.” Dad said apologetically.

“It’s ok… I guess we understand.” I said. Of course I was sad, but I understood. Dad was speaking truthfully. He always tries to please us in any way he can so if he says he can’t I know he can’t.

“But, it’s months until then. Maybe we can raise the money.” Mom’s positivity kicked in.

“I guess so…” Kai said, finishing her food.

“Mom, can we borrow the car?” I asked.

“For what?” she asked.

“Oh, Kai and I are just gonna go pick some stuff at the supermarket. Nat, Anna, Mandy, and Cam are coming over tomorrow and you know how much we eat when they stay over.” I explained.

“Okay, girls. Here are the keys. Do you have your cell phones?” she asked, handing the keys to Kaitlin.

“In my pocket.” We chorused.

“Ok. You guys have money?” dad asked.

“I got about 40…” Kai responded.

“I got 35.” I answered.

“Ok. Here’s 20 more, just in case.” Dad said as he handed me a 20 dollar bill.

“Thanks dad! We’ll be back…” Kai looked the clock on the wall. 6:30 “by 8. Maybe even earlier.” She finished.

“Drive safe, girls.” Mom said as we walk out the door.

“We will.” Kaitlin and I chorused.

“You’re driving.” I said as I walked to the passenger seat of mom’s little silver Nissan versa.

“Ugh! Fine! But you got the way back.” She said getting in.

“Fair enough…” I said as I slipped my seat belt on.

As you can probably see, neither of us really likes driving…