Chapter 2

"Ok we got brownie mix, cupcake mix, a box of water bottles, a box of mini Mountain Dew cans, a box of mini pepsi cans, 2 bags tostitos, Cheetos, 2 cans of chicken for the chicken dip, 2 tomatoes, cilantro, 2 onions, 3 packs of cream cheese, pizza cheese for the cielito lindo, Oreos, sugar cookies, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate ice cream. Are there stuff for breakfast and dinner?" Kai asked after naming all the items on our kart.

"Yeah mom bought everything last night."

"Then I guess we've got everything."

"Alright... Wait! Let’s get some mini chocolate ships and Hershey's." I said.

"Ok I’ll go grab that and you go make the line." She said as she disappeared into an aisle.

"Kaayy" I said pushing the kart to one of the cashiers.

            I can't help but to look at the magazine rack every time I come in here. Of course every time I come there's a new magazine with one direction on the cover. Knowing Kai wouldn't complain if I took some I grabbed the first 2 with one direction on cover and threw them in the trolley.

            I looked up to notice we were next in line. Thankfully, Kaitlin was already making her way back to me with the bags of chocolate.

“Look what I got!” I sang showing her the two magazines.

“Uuuu maybe we can enter some contests to win some tickets.” She said as I placed everything we were going to buy on the thing you pay. (A/N: if any of you know what it’s called, please tell me)

“That’ll be $72.34.” the preppy blonde cashier said as she placed everything in separate bags.

            Kay gave me her $40 and I took out my $35.

“Here you go.” I muttered as I handed her the money.

“$2.66 is your change. Have a good night.”  She handed me the change and I put it in my pocket.

“You too!” Kaitlin replied.

“Are you guys going to the concert?” the cashier randomly asked.

“Um… What do you mean?” I retorted.

“I saw you bought 2 one direction magazines so I figured…” she trailed off.

“Well, sadly we’re not. Are you?” Kai asked.

“No… It was kinda hoping this job would help me pay for the tickets but I also have to pay for my apartment so the money’s not enough.” She answered.

“Maybe you can race enough money before the concert.” Kai suggested.

“Maybe so.” Blondie agreed

“Anyway… We gotta go but see you around… uhh.” I trail off for I hadn’t caught her name.

“Alex. Alex Martin.”

“Kaitlin and Lyric Reed” I said pointing at my sister then at myself.

“See you around.” Alex said with a wave.

“Bye.” Kai and I chorused.

“You drive.” She said shoving the keys against my face.

“Ow!” I grumbled, “Really, Kai? Was that really necessary?” i raved, bending down to pick up the keys that had fallen to the ground.

“Hm!” she mumbled.

“Ew… Haylor is so gross.” Kay read one of the magazines as I drove home.

“Ugh. I know but it’s just a publicity stunt. It’ll end soon.”  I answered gripping tighter onto the steering wheel. Just the sound of it name sickened me.

She slammed the magazine shut and I felt her eyes on me.

“Lyric?” she said with a questioning tone.

“Mhm.” I said letting her know I was listening.

“Do you think we’ll ever meet them?” she asked.

“I don’t know. I guess only time will tell.” I quoted one of Liam’s tattoes.

“I guess so.” She said and went back to reading the magazine.

“Hey, Ly! It says here that the xfactor applications for the New York auditions are on april 23-24. Are you going to sign up? I think I am. I mean I’m not as good as you but I think I have the chance to get till bootcamp.” She asked me.

“What are you talking about? You’re great! How about we audition as a duet?” I suggested.

“That would be a great idea.” She agreed.

“But wait… If we don’t have money for the 1D concert, how are we going to have enough money to fly out to New York?” I say as I came to the realization.

“We can audition via video.” She proposed.

“Yeah. Hey, what if we audition as a group? I mean, we all sing…” I asked.

“Hhmm… I think that’d be a great idea. Not a boyband and not a girlband. It’d be something new.” Kai analysed

“And since we’re all together tomorrow, we can do it and submit it tomorrow.” I said. “We’ll talk about the song and the name in a bit. We’re here.” I said as I parked the car.

“I think I already have an idea for the name.” she said in a low voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Um, I usually dont leave author's note at the end but I felt this was too important to leave out. I don't know where I'm going with this little xFactor audition so I don't what you to stop reading the story just because you think this will be cliche. This might even be meaningless but I don't know yet. I do know where I wanna go with this fanfic just not with the audition. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU JUDGE!

Loads of love!xx

~Sally