Author's Note

Welcome, strangers from distant lands, to my humble story.

Some of you may be wondering why I have chosen Glorfindel as the love interest in my book, when Legolas, or even Aragorn, would be the more popular choice. The answer is that I have always found Glorfindel's character to be fascinating, even though J. R. R. Tolkien doesn't say much about him in the original Lord of the Rings trilogy, and Peter Jackson completely excluded him from the movies. Perhaps, in the future, I may create a story with one of them as the love interest, but as for now, I'm afraid we must stick with Glorfindel.

Now, before we get started, I would like to warn you all beforehand: while in reality, I'm just a teenage girl who loves to write, I attempted my hand at writing in old-fashioned English, in a way. I tried to use J. R. R. Tolkien's original writing style as a template, because I feel like it was his writing style that gave Lord of the Rings some of its magic. Unfortunately, however, because I'm not as into trees as he is, there will be less descriptions of that.

Furthermore, because I watched the movies before reading the books, the movies are dear to my heart, so I've decided to incorporate elements from both while writing, though—as much as I hate to admit it—the movies are a lot more straight-forward and getting-to-the-point, so I'll probably use more of the movies than some of you may want.

I've probably lost most of you by this point, so let's not keep you waiting!

I present to you: Falling

Enjoy!