Chapter 4 - Carmen

***Disclaimer***

This next scene is close to a saw movie if you are sensitive to blood or torture scenes then skip the rest and start reading by the next ***

1000 needles stuck in my back. I can feel the warm blood trickling down the gaps in-between the thin silver rods. He laughs as he inserts another, in the centre of my tail bone. I hang upside down by my ankles that are clasped in metal chains. I try not to scream, but screaming makes his greedy black eyes glint even more with the reflection of the firey pit. Even if I was in my true form, which is what this particular demon is hoping to achieve, I would still have to endure this never ending pain. I start to plead as he begins to take one out at a time only to put it back in again in the same place. He then smiles and lifts my arms up and before he even does it I scream for him not to. The shackles on my ankles break and my back slams to the floor, the needles forcing me to scream as if there was a hope of getting out. He starts kicking me in the middle of my chest and stomach.

" JUST KILL ME ALREADY!" I beg, knowing fully well I died a long time ago. He leaves me bleeding to death on the dusty cement floor. I see the red pool underneath me Cleary, and then everything goes blurry. Seconds later, I pass out. I wake up again, in the same room. The iron clad door opens, as it does everytime some sick bastard wants to torture me in a new, inventive way. But this time its not a sick bastard. A light and a ultra sonic noise makes my hands cling to my ears like magnets and my eyes close. A burning hot hand touches my wrist.

**********

"Carmen. CARMEN!" My mum shouts from the kitchen. "YOU HAVE COLLEGE TODAY REMEMBER!"

Shit... She's right I do.

I throw on a sleeveless white top, dark blue cardigan, and a skirt with red balloons and a white background. I look in the mirror. God I looked awful.

"CARMEN!"

The general shape of my out of proportion body, skinny neck, legs too long to coordinate, and my eyes that shone red if you were in the right lighting were enough to handle. But today, as every morning in the past week, my dreams had made my palid skin shine with a cold sweat, and my curly black hair look like I was a mad woman. I flipped my head toward and tied a messy bun that let small areas of hair fall just in front of my ears.

"CARMEN HEATHDOW! IF YOU DON'T COME DOWN THIS MINUTE I WILL CONFISCATE YOUR CAMERA!"

"COMING MUM" I shout down the stairs. I slip on a pair of red converse and jump down two steps at a time.

I sling my backpack over my shoulders and grab a piece of toast before running out of the door.