ˏˋ 01

[A / N]

SPOILERS FOR 3×09!

I love Klamille very much and I think that the scene where Camille dies in 3×09 was very sad because she and Klaus were finally happy and that happiness was taken away from them. So... I decided to change that and give them their deserved happy moment. Here Aurora didn't compel Cami to kill herself. Enjoy reading💕

――――――――――――――

CAUSE WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE I'M MEANT TO BE...

――――――――――――――

――――――――――――――

When Camille woke up, she didn't know where she was at first, but as soon as she saw the man lying in front of her, she remembered everything that had happened and couldn't help but smile. Klaus had finally admitted his feelings for her, and she couldn't be happier. Yes... they still had to take care of Aurora but she didn't want to think about it. She wanted to enjoy this moment as much as possible.

The woman looked at the man sleeping peacefully beside her and her smile widened. Who would have thought that she, Camille O'Connell, the ordinary bartender, would end up here with Klaus Mikaelson, the Original hybrid. Many people described him as a monster... Some would even say that he was the devil himself. But Cami knew another side of him - the one that cared and protected the people he loved and that would do anything for them. He even helped a man he didn't know just because of her. "What's important to you is important to me." his words came to her mind again. She knew he wanted to be better, that he wanted to be more than a murderer and that he wasn't evil, he was just hurt many times, and what he had become was just a defense mechanism. He built walls around himself so he couldn't get hurt again.

She was taken out of her thoughts when Klaus moved a little and sighed, relaxing again. She just lay there watching him, admiring how calm he looked while he slept. She wished it was always like that and that there won't be new enemies who want to kill them. But this was New Orleans, and she was in love with a thousand-year-old hybrid with thousand of enemies. And honestly... she didn't regret anything. He made her happy and she loved him. She loved everything about him.

"It's rude to stare, you know." Klaus said suddenly. His voice was a little deeper than usual after he had just woken up. He opened his eyes and smirked.

"I wasn't staring." Cami replied, chuckling quietly.

"Then what were you doing?" he asked.

It was quiet for a while as Cami tried to think of an excuse. Klaus waited, raising his eyebrows, knowing he was right. When she couldn't think of anything, she gave up. "Okay, I stared."