|18|

3rd Person POV

Dipper's eyes fluttered open and he was ready to see another scene of Ford's memories, but quickly realized he was in the study with the elves.

"So Ford and Bill... They met before? And Ford made a deal?" Dipper asked and the elves nodded. "Ford doesn't seem to remember Bill, is that why his memories are erased?"

The elves exchanged looks before nodding again.

"But why did grunkle Ford get his memories erased?" Dipper questioned.

"Mr. Pines and master worked together for a long time. When master tried to take over, Mr. Pines was quick enough to erase him from this dimension. Though the only way Mr. Pines could get rid of Cipher was to erase his own memory since master was still in Mr. Pines mind which gave him the opportunity to defeat him, sacrificing his memories," The elf explained.

Dipper nodded as he tried to let all of the new information sink in. Ford had known of Bill for a long time, but had erased his memories with Bill to stop the demon.

"Is there a way to return these memories to Ford?" Dipper asked. It would be great if he could get any help defeating Bill.

"We don't know," The elf shrugged. "We could try."

Dipper looked down at the glass container where Ford's memories were stored as he took it and stood up.

"Let's head back," Dipper said. He wanted to get some sleep, even though he knew it would be hard.

Five days, He told himself. I have only five days to kill him.

Dipper thought about before all this happened. About how careless his life was. Sure, maybe he had far less freedom before, and he would probably had spend his whole life being manipulated by Ford, but at least he wouldn't have to kill a demon to save the whole world.

It was a lot of pressure, and thinking that just a month ago if Gideon hadn't summoned Bill Dipper would've been celebrating his birthday in five days and not committing murder on a dream demon.

He wondered how his life would've been like if Bill wasn't here. He would probably still be working at the church, trying to become the head priest like Ford had always told him to do.

What about Mark? Would Dipper maybe had accepted his confession? No, if Dipper wasn't here now, he would totally reject Mark because 'it was a sin'.

But Dipper didn't have time to be planning birthdays or thinking of his possible love life, he needed to save his family.

Next morning~

Mabel woke up very early that morning. Or more like she didn't sleep at all. Instead of sleeping, the female twin had stayed up and tried figuring out a bit more about the journal. Though there wasn't really much, besides the Bill Cipher pages all the other pages were about magical plants, creatures and such.

She jumped out of bed and took a purple skirt on and one of her sweaters. She raced down the stairs and into the kitchen where Stan was sitting.

"Good morning, sweetie," Stan greeted. He had the newspaper in hand and was sipping from his coffee.

"Good morning, Grunkle Stan," Mabel greeted back. Ford wasn't present since it was Sunday today, and Mabel couldn't have been more grateful.

She really didn't need him questioning her as she took a toast and ran towards the door.

"What's with the rush so early in the morning?" Stan asked and Mabel barely managed to answer him as she was already half out the door.

"Meeting with some friends!" She said and slammed the door closed.