Chapter 7

North P.O.V

I hadn’t meant to scare her, but I was angry and when I’m angry I yell.

Luke really messed up when he scratched my car up, and I’m sure Jace will be boiling mad at Luke that scratch was deep.

I saw her fear and I had instantly regretted yelling the guilt was overwhelming.

But so was the surprise when I had learned she was Nathan’s sister who lived with their father her whole life.

I clenched my fist’s at the thought of him. She was tinier than Sang Baby when we first met her, and she looked severely underweight.

Mr.B speaks up, “ My name is Mr. Blackbourne and this is North and Silas.” He explained pointing to the both of us.

She waved her hands around and I realized that she was signing, my anger worsend.

Something had happened to her voice and I bet it was her “parents” doing.

“ Nice to meet you. My name is Addley Griffin, sorry for freaking out. I don’t have the best experience with yelling from both male and female.”

Luke translates and I feel fury unlike anything else.

Her tiny frail arms wrap around her beast of a dog while he whines and Lee’s arm noticeably tightens.

“ So who’s telling Aggele about Addley?” Silas asked. And all fingers point to Kota except for Addley’s  and Mr. B’s.

“ I believe that Kota could tell Ms. Sorenson of the recent development occurring, would this be okay with you Mr. Lee?” Mr.B presses on smoothly.

Kota nods his acceptance, and waves goodbye before slamming the door to go outside.  Yup he’s mad.

“ Well Addley what do you do for fun?” Gabe questions. I don’t think I like the look on his face as he asks this, sharing a glance with Luke.

“ Well I do love to run and walk with Dino, I graduated with a medical degree from college at 14, I love to learn different languages and I can play the fiddle and piano.”

Luke translates for Addley with her face lighting up as she signs.

“ You play the piano ?” Victor asks. She nods in agreement.

“ How many languages do you know, Little One?” Silas questions.

“ I know french, greek, russian, japanese, spanish, gaelic and am in the process of learning chinese. As well as know all the sign languages for them.”

Adam translates this time, and her answer has all our jaws dropping.

Just then we hear the slamming of two car doors and know it was Kota with Sang Baby.

The door was ripped open without Sang knocking and she rushed in like she was on fire.

“ Is everyone ok, are you feeling better sweetie?” Sang questions Addley who was leaning on Lee’s chest looking tired.

Kota rushes in after Sang and gives us all an apologetic expression. “ Sorry all I had gotten out was Nathan’s sister who’s hurt and she ran to the car almost leaving me behind.”

Dino’s P.O.V

Why are all the humans gathering around mine? I don’t like it at all.

She's my human. I growled trying to get them away from my injured human, but she shushed me.

In turn I slobber all over her lap trying to get her to pay attention to me and not them.

She pats my head gently cooing at me while rubbing her face against mine.

Ha take that puny humans she likes me more than you. I howl happily looking at the others glancing at me worriedly.

I don’t like them, trying to get MY humans attention glaring at them.

I rub myself on her legs letting them know she’s mine and they're not to come near my precious human.

One of the others, a female from the smell of it, calls out to me and I trot over and sit like a good boy I am.

Trying to show off to my human.

“Treats.” My ears perk up and I look around wanting my treats, one of the males has them and I run over.

“ Sit, good boy Dino.” After the command I get my yummy treat and go over to my human protecting her from these hooligans. 

Not liking how one of them is holding her and how some of them are looking at her I bark loudly making them all jump and look at me.