𝐈𝐈 - 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

A D V E R S I T Y .

"Use the floods of sorrow to row down to a new land filled with delight."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

You and Yuuji entered into a hospital, instantly being hit with the loud buzzing of chatter. Crowds of people flooded in and out of the halls, joyful expressions decorating their features. You skipped past them with a cheerful smile. Yuuji followed behind you, grinning, a fond look kindling in his mocha irises. You two then arrived in front of a certain room, swinging open its door.

"Grandfather! Y/N and I are here," he called out as you stepped in, waving happily at the old man who laid in a hospital bed. Upon seeing you two, Yuuji's grandpa scoffed. Your grin only grew bigger. You knew that he actually that enjoyed your daily visits, despite appearing upset on the outside. This was made self-evident as the old man's grouchy demeanour softened slightly when you handed over a bouquet of yellow flowers, a hand-written note attached to them.

He shook his head, sighing, before shouting at you guys, "I told you to stop coming here, you brats! And stop bringing these flowers with you!" He huffed, undoing the paper you had gifted him and reading it.

'Roses are red, this bouquet is actually yellow, I hope that you're staying comfy in your bed and that your days will continue to be mellow! ~Love Y/N, the favourite grandson <3'

The elder chuckled, clutching the sweet poem in his hand. As much as he despised those awful flowers, he always enjoyed seeing what crazy poems you would write to him. This one was actually a lot tamer than the previous ones—like for example:

'I hope that these beautiful flowers, painted the colour of piss yellow, will stream down soft lights of serendipity into your ageing life, and not run down your adult diaper.'

Yuuji's grandpa nearly threw a vase at you for that! Surprisingly though, it wasn't because of your piss poor metaphor, but instead, it was because you had written that he had an adult diaper when, to your surprise, that actually wasn't true.

Admittedly, the two of you had a strange bond. The moments you spent together were odd, sometimes even ending with the old man wanting to murder you, but you could always tell that he truly cared for you. He treated you as though you were one of his grandchildren—he treated you like a proper family member would. The elder joked and scolded you the same way he did with Yuuji, maybe a little more considering how much of a troublemaker you were. You remembered the number of times he had almost whooped you when your teachers would ring him up because you had fallen asleep in class; you never understood what was the big deal with that anyway. But even through any problem that would arise, even when the older Itadori had been admitted to the hospital, your relationship with him never lost its spark. It only grew stronger as you spent your late afternoons in the crusty room, cherishing the moments you were able to spend with him and Yuuji.