Chapter 4

The swim to my sea herd is not a hard trek because every swim forward is packed full of jubilant inspiration at the mind clearing thought of my family, and the adrenaline coursing through my veins of the thought of my new tremendous power. How many sea horses can breath FIRE under water? I doubt any. Then the thought hits me like a punch in my gut. I'm alone. The problems that follow me in my life will now have to be my own... "Hali!" The moment my name slips my sisters mouth is the moment all of my worries melt from me as if they were never trapped there. "I thought we lost you," her voice cracks at the end, her eyes searching mine for harm. More and more of our fellow sea horses have disappeared with no trace; I wonder if they went where I went? "Where were you?" She asks. My mouth opens, my tongue lingering near the metal button in my mouth to show her. "Hali!" My dad's voice snaps through my trance with my tongue moving from the button that would make me separate. Being the son of the herd leader can be devastating and horrible sometimes because all of the weight of responsibility can sometimes eat away at a sea horse, stealing the peace I so much crave. With despair weighing me down, I look at my dad, the sea horse leader so many respect with fear dwelling in my eyes. "Yes?" I ask.
105 reads for next chapter so...

Vote
Comment
Like
🐠🐠🐠
Keep calm and swim on