⁘Chapter 4⁘

Shreyas

Have I ever mentioned how competitive I can be? 

No, probably not. But Tara had just earned herself a dangerous player of this game, and we both knew who the winner was of this round. I could never underestimate Tara Patel, she was smarter than me but she tends to think that she's already won. When in reality, my game had just begun. I'll be honest, I wouldn't have concocted a plan like this, yes. But now I know the rules.

Damn it, my knee is starting to hurt

I glared at Tara as sweetly as I could, there was a rock digging into my knee cap. Her brown eyes flicked to the table behind us, which I'd spotted earlier, and fished out the promise ring that Priya had flung at me when we broke up two days after the coffee incident. Tara placed her hands over her mouth and her eyes widened. "Yes," She whispered.

I rose to my feet to slip the ring on her hand and grinned at her. "Fuck you, was this a part of some stupid plan you had?" Tara hissed into my ear, my smirk faded a little at her next sentence. "Well then, game on."

I couldn't get that pissed-off face of hers out of my head for quite the while, the way her lips were tugged downwards into the lightest of frowns and that irritated twinkle in her eyes. That embarrassed flush to her cheeks. Damn, she certainly got a lot hotter

I don't what possessed me, but the next moment I was stalking her on Instagram. Morning came by sooner than I'd have liked. The windows were flung open by most likely my mother, and I sat upwards groggily. My phone had been buzzing for the past seven minutes and I'd chose to ignore it. Yanking the covers off me, I rose to my feet and stretched. Finally, my gaze landed on my phone.

I had over fifty missed calls from Sheikh, Three Text Messages From Priya, Eighty Five missed calls from my friends in cricket teams and finally, eight hundred Instagram alerts. What a pleasant surprise.

A Single Message From @Tara.Patel, instantly I honed on that and clicked it open.

'It worked,' It read, I chuckled. I assumed this got under her skin, she never liked to lose, she was much of a sore loser as me. I quickly tapped away a response, 'It's my idea, ofc it worked.'

The reply was instantaneous, 'Don't get cocky, asshole, this was just round one.'

As much as I'd loved to annoy her a bit more, I had to tell my parents about this before my mother enters the room with a ladle. I heard a voices outside, I stepped out into the living room ready to whine for a coffee for myself made by my loving mother, when a certain pair of brown eyes locked in gaze with mine. 

Tara-? 

Her lips curved upwards in amusement, and her eyes twinkled smugly. I glanced downwards at my SpongeBob Shirt and grey sweatpants. She was dressed in a black blazer, black leggings and a white tube top. Her hair straightened neatly into a pony tail. Fuck.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out before I could stop myself, my father's gaze kept bouncing from me to her. "Oh, I was leaving for Delhi so I just wanted to stop by and tell your parents about the news, they saw the article." She sighed, quickly collecting her belongings and flashing me a loving smile. A smile that never reached her eyes.

"But I can go," She pouted slightly, to my parents, she looked like the perfect example of innocence, to me I knew she was simply toying with me. "By the way," She paused, glancing at me with a wicked grin, "I love the shirt."

"So your getting married," My father sighed, my mother came in with a coffee cup. I reached out for the delicious brew, but she slapped my hand away and handed it to my sister. "Ma!" I whined.

"Did it strike you tell your parents? We raised you!" My mother glared, I wound my arms around her waist and rested my head on her stomach before looking up at her. "Sorry."

Her face softened as she patted my head, "at least she's beautiful and well-educated."

"My son has learnt from my mistakes, he chose a perfect life companion." My father added cheekily causing my mom to smack him with the wooden ladle. My phone chimed, a message from Tara, 'I told you not to get cocky, It's 1-1 now, Mr.Iyer.'

I chuckled, two could play at this game.

***

goal: 4 comments and 4 votes

Alr, who do u think is gonna win?