⁘Chapter 9⁘

Ajay 

I cradled my face in my palms as I waited for the doctor to exit the room. Varun had panicked and called me, I'd brought her to the hospital. My heart hurt slightly as the possibilities swirled through my head, scars could only fade. Not heal. I hated the fact that I still cared for her when she was willing to marry someone just for publicity. I understood that she needed it, but couldn't she have married me? We'd still be featured and I have a spotless record and thousands of investors who are more than willing to help her. Damn it

"You can go in now, Mr.Kumar," A nurse popped her head out to smile at me, I rose to my feet and hurried inside. Tara lay on the hospital bed, looking grief-stricken. Horrible thoughts plagued my mind, is she okay?

"Well, as I've told Ms.Patel over here a while back," The doctor paused, glancing between me and Tara, sensing the tension. "Ms.Patel is currently two weeks pregnant."

What?

At that moment, I had rewind seven times to fully understand what the doctor was saying. But then came a question, when had we-? 

"Shit," I managed to say, Tara laughed softly at my expression. We had made love two weeks back, our two year anniversary. "I'm aborting, Ajay." She whispered, the doctor shifted uncomfortably and slipped out of the room.

"Tara," I sighed, rubbing my temple. "Let's talk about this."

"This is my decision to make," She scoffed, my left eye twitched slightly as I wondered how on earth I fell in love with such a stubborn woman, "I'm the father, I have a say in this."

"I'm the one who has to be pregnant for nine months, Jay." She shot back, huffing causing me to smile slightly. "Tara, I'm all in to raise a child with you because your literally the love of mine, and let me finish." I paused as I saw her inhale to say something. She grumbled and sank deeper into the mattress. 

"Tara, If this about investors, it won't be a favor! I'll ask them to attend a board meeting while you try and sway them. If it fails, just sell the company and slowly rebuild! Don't worry about money at that point, because I'll be there. Instead of that, your going to marry your ex-bestfriend?" I finished my rant, she sighed softly. "I know, Jay."

"But right now, my plan's working. I'm past the red zone and slowly making profit. I just opened up a whole new world of investors. But I'm not saying I'm staying with Shreyas, I love you!" Tara placed her hand on mine, I smiled but it faded the moment she continued, "So just let me go with this! It's a foolproof plan."

I stood up, grunted with annoyance "Marry whoever!" 

I sat outside, in my car, head resting on back on the carseat. I smacked the horn button in frustration, "DAMN IT."

I saw a frown out of the corner of my eye, it belonged to a person who made my blood boil.

Shreyas Iyer.

****

GOAL: SEVEN COMMENTS AND SEVEN VOTES
So... Is Ajay sensible or not?