twelve

"You  see,  Dumbledore  was  right,  that  mirror  could  drive  you  mad," said Ron, when Harry told him about these dreams.

Hermione,  who  came  back  the  day  before  term  started,  took  a  different view of things. She was torn between horror at the idea of Harry  being  out  of  bed,  roaming  the  school  three  nights  in  a  row  ("If  Filch  had  caught  you!"),  and  disappointment  that  he  hadn't  at  least found out who Nicolas Flamel was.

Lilith however, hadn't returned along with Hermione much to their confusion. The twins had questioned the trio as to whether or not they have seen their little sidekick, and much to their dismay, they hadn't seen her either.

"Where is Lilith? Haven't seen her around." Harry frowned at the missing girl.

"She wasn't in the train either." Hermione shook her head.

"Maybe she missed the train." suggested Ron. "Yeah, maybe." Harry muttered.

Meanwhile, Lilith refused to go back to school yet because she knew if she did go back, it would be another couple of months until she'll see her family again. Over the first term, she had only visited her father three times, and it was very brief.

She knew that the twins had the Map, and she was very close to the twins. Knowing that they'd find it odd that her name wasn't in the Map, she avoided going back home because she knew well enough that the twins were nosy.

"I don't wanna go back yet." the girl whined, clutching her father tighter.

"Lilith, you still need to go to school." Hecate sighed, placing her hands on her hips like a scolding mother.

"If she doesn't want to go back, she doesn't have to." said her father, his face pleased at his own suggestion. "Good riddance."

"Hades, she needs to." Hecate cast a stern look at the God.

"It's not that I don't want to go, I'm just going to miss you so much." She pouted.

"You'll see us in a few months, weeks maybe if you're lucky." Hecate told her,

"Yeah, but what about the map?" Lilith pulled a face.

"I'll handle that, sweetie. But you need to go back."

"Ugh, fine." Lilith groaned, as much as she liked her school now, she loved her family much more, especially her father.

"I'll see you soon, Papa." the girl bid him goodbye, a small pout on her lips.

Reaching over to kiss his cheeks, Hades ruffled her hair with a small smile playing on his own lips.

"I'll see you soon."

With that, Hecate sent her off back to school.

"Hi!"

The sudden voice surprised the trio, resulting a jump from Harry, a small shriek from Hermione and a loud one from Ron.

"Bloody Hell, Lil! Where did you come from?" Harry asked the girl, grasping his chest in shock.

Lilith simply grinned at them and shrugged.

"Did you find out anything about Nicolas Flamel?" Hermione jumped into her question.

"Uh-- yeah. He's old, like really old." She started, trying to remember Hecate's description of him.

The ADHD part of her was one of the reasons she gets distracted so easily, and sometimes forgets things.

"He was an alchemist? I think. Uh-- he made the pho-- no -- philo..?" Lilith trailed off at the complicated word.