fourteen

The  following  week  dragged  by.  Wednesday  night  found Hermione,   and  Harry  sitting  alone  in  the  common  room,  long  after   everyone else had gone to bed. The clock on the wall had just chimed   midnight  when  the  portrait  hole  burst  open.  Ron and Lilith   appeared  out  of  nowhere  as  he  pulled  off  Harry's  Invisibility   Cloak.

He  had  been  down  at  Hagrid's  hut,  helping  him   feed  Norbert,  who  was  now eating dead rats by the crate. "It bit  me!" he said, showing them his hand, which was wrapped in  a  bloody   handkerchief.

"I'm  not  going  to  be  able  to  hold  a   quill  for  a  week.  I  tell  you,  that  dragon's  the  most  horrible   animal  I've  ever met, but the way Hagrid goes on about it, you'd  think it was a fluffy  little  bunny  rabbit. When it bit me he told  me   off  for  frightening it. And when I left, he was singing it a  lullaby." Lilith smacked his arm lightly,

"Norbert's lovely!" She told him, "That's because he likes you!" Ron shot back.

There  was a tap on the dark window. "Its  Hedwig!"  said  Harry,  hurrying   to  let  her  in.  "She'll  have  Charlie's answer!" There were two  letters attached to her.

The three of them put their heads  together to read the note. Lilith didn't bother reading it, as she's  contacted Charlie a couple of times now, she was really excited to meet  him.

Dear Ron,

How  are  you?  Thanks   for  the  letter  —  I'd  be  glad  to  take  the Norwegian Ridgeback,  but it won't be easy getting him here.  I  think  the  best  thing  will   be  to  send  him  over  with  some friends of mine, who are coming to  visit Romania next week, and myself, who will be coming back home after visiting Mum and Dad. Trouble is, we mustn't  be seen carrying an illegal dragon. Could you get the Ridgeback up the  tallest tower at mid-night  on  Saturday?  We  can  meet  you  there   and  take  him  away while it's still dark. And please tell Lilith that  everything's ready, and tell her to read my newest letter. Send me an  answer as soon as possible.

Love, Charlie

Ron  handed the other letter to Lilith. He tried to sneak a peak but Lilith  smacked him on the head. He grimaced while rubbing his head lightly,

"I  didn't know you've been writing to Charlie." Ron grumbled, still feeling the small ache on the back of his head from the smack.

"He's helping me with studying dragons." Lilith answered lightly, scanning over the letter.

Dear Lilith,

Your  aunt Cate sent me a letter regarding your visit here. She'll be here on Sunday, and everything has been arranged for you. However, I'm still curious as to how you managed to convince Dumbledore to let you out of school for a week. You'll have to tell me all about that. Don't forget to pack warm clothes, the weather this time of the year is quite cold.

Bring me a couple of Honeydukes sweets would you? The twins has told me all about your little adventures to Hogsmeade. How does it feel  being friends with my brothers? Don't get into too much trouble Lilith. I'll be seeing you soon.

Love, Charlie.

Lilith grinned at the letter. She didn't know the twins wrote about her. She  mentally note down to drag the twins to Honeydukes tomorrow, not that  her other friends knew, but the twins brought her to Hogsmeade a couple of times through the secret passage. That was how her sweets stayed in stock.