♕𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢♕

"I quit! I've had it up to here with this bullshit. I honestly don't know how you do it. If I continue, I'm afraid I will gouge my eyes out and tear off my skin." Yunho moaned with a pillow over his head as he kicked his legs about on Lina's bed.

Lina rolled her eyes and ripped the pillow from the distressed boy's grip, causing him to whine and lie on his stomach, his face buried into the white sheets. Lina whacked him with the soft pillow, making the back of his hair become static. "Quit being a damsel and get that fat ass working."

Yunho turned his head and smirked at the girl. "You think I've got a fat ass?"

Lina smacked his rear before grabbing it harshly. Yunho squirmed and jumped into a sitting position, threatening to throw a panda plush at her. "You've got the finest ass out there, love." Lina winked at him.

Yunho pouted while rubbing his bottom, "That hurt."

Lina couldn't help but coo at how cute his expression was. She pinched his cheeks, "As much as I would love sit here and play baby with you, you also have to finish the worksheet, and fast because I have a friend coming over later."

"Don't kid me, Lina. You don't have any friends."

She lifted her arm, threatening him with her fist, but of course she doesn't act upon it. "Shut up and do the work."

He brought back his pout and snuggled his head into Lina's lap and looked up at her. Her expression wasn't an amused one. "But I don't feel well. Shouldn't you be taking care of your best friend?"

Lina sighed. She knew what he was doing. They had both been feeling ill lately since they stopped taking drugs due to withdrawal symptoms. It was hard, but they were managing. It also meant that Yunho has been spending most of his nights at Lina's house. As much as she loved his company, she knew he was just avoiding his family.

She stroked her fingers through his thick blonde locks and admired him for a good few seconds before speaking up again. "I know what you're doing. Stop it. You know I care about you more than anything in this world, but there is only so much I can do and you can't stay here for the rest of your life. You need to go home, Yunho. It's been two days and your father hasn't stopped blowing up your phone since. He has even resulted to ringing me."

Yunho groaned and rubbed his eyes as if it could erase all his troubles. "Tell me the truth..." he met her eyes, stifling a laugh due to her double chin the occurred when she looked down. Cute. "Am I being overdramatic about this whole thing. I feel like I'm being childish."

Lina furrowed her eyebrows. "Don't say things like that. You have every right to act this way. That woman beat you everyday. She sent you to the hospital with broken bones and bruised limbs. She gagged you with alcohol because she thought it would stop you from crying, and she would lock you out of the house in the middle of winter just because she "didn't want to see your face"." Lina rolled her eyes as her blood began to boil. "She tortured you since the moment you could speak. If anything, I think you're being overly stable right now. Especially with what happened the other day."

Lina placed her soft palm on his hot cheeks and caressed the warm flesh smoothly, staring deeply into the dark orbs that shone brighter than stars, "stop thinking so badly of yourself. I'm only saying you should go home so you can get some closure, find out why she did what she did."

Every word she spoke, the deeper he was falling for her, and for once, he allowed himself too. She truly was perfect in his eyes. Yes, she was flawed in many ways. Even looks wise. Lina isn't your classic pretty girl with perfect skin and hair that you read in other books. Seo Lina has splintered hair that gets tangled and ragged after stepping outside for a second, her skin is oily and occupies the occasional stubborn pimple, she had heavy bags under her eyes and her cheeks were roughly blemished and her nose carried noticeable blackheads. But Yunho saw through that. She was normal, not fake, that too is why she was so different.