Chapter Thirteen: Forest Trail

Chapter Thirteen:

Forest Trail

Everyone was enjoying the time they had before participating in another activity. The fire was lit, it preserved the warmth. The chatters and food lit up the environment. For a moment they didn't even realize the cold weather or the danger that could be ahead of them in the dense forest that surrounded them.

"Where's my bottle?" Raven questioned Jasper.

"I think you dropped it when.." Jasper cuts off.

"Okay, I think I'll go get it," Raven announces.

"You could share mine," Tim suggests.

"No, I'd rather drown in the river." Raven rolls her eyes.

Saying so, Raven started to walk away from the crowd. It wasn't a very long walk to the river nearby. It took her barely 10 minutes on foot to reach. She was looking for her bottle but couldn't find it.

She decides to stroll around for a bit before returning, walking around in circles she hears the sound of running water. It definitely wasn't just a river.

For the first time in a while, Raven wasn't lost in her thoughts. She was rather content, since the incident with Trystan. She could still feel the warmth of his embrace lingering onto her skin. She wrapped herself in her arms in order to relive the moment.

She smiled and followed in the direction of the sound, and came across a beautiful sight. It was a waterfall. The view was breathtaking. The water flew from a huge height, gushing down the mountains. In Front of it, joined a river which again flew in the same direction. The water was clean and tinted with a shade of green, probably the chlorophyll from the plants that surrounded it. Rocks were arranged in a circle, blocking the path to that water body. Must be so because it could be dangerous.

It is when her eyes met the ground while wandering across the rocks, that she noticed a girl laying face down on them.

She quickly walks to her, in order to see who it could be, or was. Also, what was wrong.

"Hey?? Are you alright?" Raven asks in concern trying to turn her around.

NO response.

"Wake up, hello? You alright?" She tries to wake her up as she attempts to flip the girl's body which was completely drenched in water.

Still no response, at this moment Raven was starting to worry. She checks her pulse for any vitals, they were slow and barely noticeable. She had to think fast about how to save a person who could almost die from drowning. The girl's body had lost all the warmth and was cold as ice. Raven was clueless, she decided to head back to the group and get some help as she couldn't handle this alone.

"Hang in there, I'll be right back" She assures her and rushes towards the bushes, back on the path she followed earlier.

"Tim, Jasper, Valerie.." She calls out as she pants from all the running trying to catch a breath.

"Come with me, fast, it's an emergency. Please." She asks them to come along with her without explaining why.

"Calm down Raven, what happened?" Jasper tries to calm her down as he holds her by her shoulders.

"Just Follow me..." Raven says in a low voice, completely out of breath.

"Okay, Alright just calm down" Jasper replies and follows her, along with the others walking behind them.