Shot 1

Hello friends.

I'm back with another rikara short story.

I was tagged in prompt #48 in indian_fanfics by Vaishu-07

I'm planning to finish this book with five shots.

The name of the book was inspired from an English Movie. I have not watched the movie yet. But it's about the changes that comes in the life of a couple after they get the custody of a baby. So the story is not inspired from the movie

PS: I'm not much aware of the legal aspects of custody cases. So whatever is written in this story is purely my imagination. Lawyers out there...sorry in advance 😁

Omkara Singh Oberoi walked into his office with the baby bassinet in his right hand and his laptop bag in his left

As soon as he reached his cabin ,he set the bassinet on the coffee table and looked down to see his niece sleeping peacefully

Baby Muskaan ,eighteen months old is his step sister's daughter.

Priyanka came to his life when he was twelve years old and she was ten. Three years after his mother Sudha's death ,Tej Oberoi married Jhanvi Manjul ,a widow with a ten year old daughter.

When his father re married ,he was all set to deal with the atrocities of an evil step mom ,having believed that all step mothers are like Cindrella's step mom.

But Jhanvi loved and took care of Omkara like her own. With his father's second marriage ,Omkara got another mother and a lovely sister.

Life was happy until Priyanka met Ranveer. Tej and Omkara was against Priyanka's relationship with Ranveer ,as the guy was a good for nothing fellow or so they thought

Omkara tried his best to discourage Priyanka from the relationship ,but it only made her more and more stubborn. And in the end ,she chose her love over her family and eloped with him.

Priyanka's father was a well know businessman and Priyanka was the sole heir of all his properties. Naturally she became a target for gold digging manupulative Ranveer Randhawa.

And by the time Priyanka realised the truth ,it was too late by then.

Baby Muskaan was already born and half of Priyanka's hefty bank balance drained.

But Priyanka was too proud to come to her brother directly for help. She made a will stating ,all her properties to go to baby Muskaan if anything happens to her and the baby be left under the guardianship of her brother Omkara Singh Oberoi.

Priyanka and Ranveer died in an accident three weeks ago ,and that's when Omkara met his niece for the first time.

He was too angry with Priyanka for chosing someone, she met a mere year ago ,over him and their family.

But he swore to never repeat the mistake.

Priyanka had left Muskaan in his care and he will do everything in his power to care for Muskaan.

But taking care of a baby is no cake walk. He realised that within a day. It was yesterday, the child welfare community handed over the baby to Omkara.

"Omkara. Mr Kamal Mishra is here to meet you" his assistant informed him.

Omkara is a pretty cool and jolly boss who insisted his employees adress him with his first name only

He looked at his sleeping niece and decided against having a meeting in his cabin ,not wanting to disturb her.

"Ask him to wait for me in the mini conference room. And Ishika, sit here and do your work till I come back. Keep an eye on her. If she wakes up , give her the bottle and if she refuses to take it ,call me" he said and his assistant nodded to every instruction.