Home sweet home... I guess

Chapter 41:

[After exiting the catastrophe, the two brothers swerve, and turn, to see what had become of Lungmen...dark clouds loom over the city, striking lightning at the tallest piece of metal it finds. The ones furthest from the giant metal rod, has its lightning strikes explode on impact. It is though as if the God of Thunder is fighting gigantic infected jotunns, and the jotunns are winning. Shaw, upon the demise of her master, weeps and sobs uncontrollably. The yoke stops shaking violently, as the jets cruise into the sky, about to go back to Neil Mechanics... Tanner turns on auto-pilot, to hug and console Shaw. She is their responsibility now. Her fluffy tail was on his shoulder, making it pretty hard to drive, good thing he activated autopilot. He wraps his arms around Shaw, encasing her body, and tail as he kissed the back of her head.]

Tanner: I'm so sorry, Shaw... We could've... I'm sorry...

Tommy: How is she doing?

Tanner: Weeping... And wet. We're all wet. We need to take this off, stat.

Tommy: What about Shaw?

Tanner: Hm... Ahah! The hoodie from my childhood! I suppose it fits her, we are...the same size, if I was a kid.

Tommy: How are we gonna explain to Jesse when we get back?

Tanner: We faced zombies? While also braving through a thunderstorm? And brought back a kid?

Tommy: I'm not sure how Jesse would react to Shaw. I hope he'll be fine with it. What about Crownslayer?

Tanner: ... Tommy.

Tommy: Yes?

Tanner: If she touches Shaw, you're not afraid to hurt a lady right?

Tommy: If there is a valid reason. If that reason is "Punching a cute firefighter in the face", I'll tombstone her butt. Literally.

Tanner: I wonder how crowded Neil Mechanics is gonna be.

Tommy: For sure some of them will be headed to New Denver... I think the war is over now.

Tanner: Not sure about Jesse though... *He looks at Shaw's head, who's sank in her hands, catching the tear drops from her eyes. Her sobs turned to short wails as Tanner's arms are wrapped around hers instead of the yoke.* Shaw?... Are you gonna be alright?

Shaw: No...

Tanner: Me and Tommy will take care of you.

Shaw: How?...

Tanner: We'll find a way. Also, the people there, they're nice. They'll love you, Shaw. But...stick with me, Tommy, Armstrong, Max, and Daisy. I'll introduce you to them later.

Shaw: What'sgonnahappennow?

Tanner: We have to recuperate from that... May take a long time, but trust me when I say, you're gonna have the time of your life in there. Okay? Also, if you see a hooded redhead, and if she starts waving her arms at you, scream our names. We'll come running.

Tommy: Hey, can Shaw hear me?

Tanner: Shaw?

Shaw: Yes...

Tommy: Hey, Shaw! You're gonna enjoy living with us! We're gonna be your dads!

Shaw: Dads?.. Thenwhowillbemommy?

Tommy: Mommy!... Uhm... Tanner?

Tanner: I'm not gonna be the mom... Daisy! She said she once had a son.

Tommy: Think I'm rooting for Phyllis. She has good bedside manners.

Tanner: Her missing and detachable jaw would scare Shaw...hey that rhymes.